The Davis Memorial Foundation announced 10 students as the winners of its 2022 scholarship season.
Priority is given to students attending a vocational school or earning a college or university degree that relates to the construction industry. Awards are based on academic/personal achievement, financial need and other factors, as deemed appropriate by the trustees.
The following students were selected to receive $5,000 scholarships (listed alphabetically):
- Kyle Steen Claussen – Montana State University
- Paige Gladstone – Gonzaga University
- Talon Griese – South Dakota State University
- Alexis Hitesman – Southern Utah University
- Chase Wilson Howes – Utah Valley University
- Jocelyn Paez – New York University
- Grace Lauren Rucka – University of Tennessee
- Lundyn Laci Santos – Indiana Institute of Technology
- Reed Jacob Shuey – Queens University of Charlotte
- Rhett Tinklenberg – South Dakota State University
The Davis Memorial scholarship program, now in its 26th year, has provided more than 150 scholarships totaling more than $650,000. The program was founded in memory of Larry and Mary Davis following their tragic death in a plane crash in 1995. Larry was the founder of State Roofing Company in Modesto, Calif., served as director of the Western States Roofing Contractors Association (WSRCA) Board of Directors and was active on several committees. The foundation is a nonprofit operated under the auspices of the WSRCA.
Report Abusive Comment