The Midwest Roofing Contractors Association Foundation (MRCA) announced it has awarded scholarships to 15 individuals for the 2022-23 season.
The association's scholarships are made possible through contributions of MRCA members and industry affiliates. Eligible candidates are MRCA members and their immediate family members.
This year's recipients are:
- Abbey Perkins - Firestone Building Products - Nashville, Tenn.
- Alejandro Zenil Martinez - AAA Roofing Company, Inc. - Indianapolis
- Breck Carver - Beacon Building Products - McKinney, Texas
- Caden Ware - Neemann & Sons, Inc. - Lincoln, Neb.
- Cassidy Wilkie - Roofmasters Roofing & Sheet Metal - Hays, Kan.
- Cole Beyer - Allweather Roof - Golden Valley, Minn.
- Connor Niznick - B.L. Dalsin - Minneapolis
- Erich Langstine - GAF - Chester, S.C.
- Grace Rucka - Malarkey Roofing Products - Portland, Ore.
- Hailey Minet - Diamond Roofing - Dodge City, Kan.
- Kade Melvin - Roofmasters Roofing & Sheet Metal - Hays, Kan.
- Kenli Coughran - Lydick-Hooks Roofing - Wichita Falls, Texas
- Laurelyn Harris - Hausman Metal Works & Roofing, Inc. - St. Joseph, Mo.
- Morgan Patterson - CentiMark Corporation - Canonsburg, Pa.
- Vena Prudent - Vac-It-All Services, Inc. - St. Louis, Mo.
The MRCA Foundation provides financial assistance to MRCA member company employees and their families pursuing higher education at an accredited university or trade school. Applicants must provide proof that they're associated with an active MRCA member company. Scholarship recipients are selected based on academic performance, employment experience, financial need, letters of recommendation and a demonstrated desire to pursue higher education.
Applications for next year’s round of scholarship will be available online in October. For more information about the scholarships and the MRCA, visit mrca.org.