NEWTON, Mass. — METALCON, the metal construction industry’s only global event for metal construction products, technologies and solutions, announces its new safety certificate program in partnership with SafetyWorks Inc.
The METALFOCUS® Safety Certificate Program kicks off on Feb. 18. Craig Schaffer, president of SafetyWorks, will lead and teach the program ― a series of 10 one-hour virtual safety courses tailored to supervisors, foremen, crews and others in the industry. Schaffer is a Certified Safety Professional with more than 30 years of occupational safety and health experience in the construction and manufacturing industries, and an authorized instructor for construction OSHA-10 & OSHA-30 courses.
METALFOCUS presents the latest metal safety rules, tools, trends and techniques to avoid costly or potentially fatal accidents ― beyond traditional OSHA-10 safety training ― and address situations unique to metal construction jobsites. Courses focus on increasing safety, reducing job site risks and lowering the risk of regulatory penalties, and include the following:
- Course 1 – Feb.18 – OSHA’s Steel Erection Standard (29 CFR 1926 Subpart R)
- Course 2 – Feb. 25 – Fall Protection Planning
- Course 3 – March 4 – Hot Work & HW Permits
- Course 4 – March 12 – Rigging Safety Considerations (not a rigging certification class)
- Course 5 – March 19 – Crane Ops & Lift Planning
- Course 6 – March 25 – Supervisor Safety Responsibilities
- Course 7 – April 1 – Project Safety Planning
- Course 8 – April 8 – Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Course 9 – April 15 – Incident Reporting & Investigation
- Course 10 – April 22 – Managing OSHA Inspections
Registration fees begin at $30/class including training materials, with discounts available for multiple class and group registrations. All courses will be available both “live” with real-time Q & A and on-demand. Participants receive a certificate of completion for each course completed. Those who complete the entire 10-course program will receive special recognition on our website and at METALCON 2021 in Tampa, Fla. on Oct. 6-8. Click here to register for one or more METALFOCUS courses.
“Metal building construction presents unique safety concerns," said Judy Geller, METALCON’s vice president of tradeshows. “That’s why we’ve lined up a stellar safety program with one of the best in the industry and will continue to deliver exceptional programming year-round ― and until we meet again in person ― for a new and exciting world-class event in Tampa.”