As 2018 winds down, the editorial staff at Roofing Contractor has compiled the magazine’s top stories from the past year.
The stories range from innovative industry entrepreneurs and the first Roofing Day to breaking news-type stories about hurricanes and cranes.
Some of the items in the list — namely, mergers and acquisitions and hurricanes/storms — had several stories that were popular with many readers throughout the year. In both cases, we created stories compiling just the applicable posts to the RC website.
Here is the list:
- 2018 Top 100 Roofing Contractors — The Top 100 list consistently remains the best-read and most-shared content RC produces each year.
- 2018 Commercial Roofing Contractor of the Year (Best Roofing) and 2018 Residential Roofing Contractor of the Year (Findlay Roofing)
- M&A Activity Strong for Roofing in 2018 — More than 30 deals were announced in 2018 and this story has a list of them.
- Hurricanes, Storms Among Top Roofing Stories in 2018 — Hurricanes Florence and Michael
- Best of Success 2018 — The 14th Annual Best of Success drew a record crowd to the home of the Dallas Cowboys
- These Tech-Savvy Businessmen Brought their Bright Ideas to Live as New Companies Making an Impact in the Industry — RC caught up with three individuals who started their professional careers in roofing, and used their success as a springboard to launching other successful ventures.
- Crane Delivering Shingles Falls Into Florida House — A crane loading shingles onto an Orlando, Fla.-area house toppled over onto that very house, appearing to slice the top half of the dwelling in two. The accident happened in September. By mid-December, the house had been fixed.
- Top Ten Air Vent Tips for Roofers From the Field — This story featured tips collected from roofing professionals who generously shared their expertise, best practices and hard-knocks lessons in residential attic ventilation seminars across North America.
- Roofing Day 2018: A Roofing Industry First — More than 400 roofing contractors and industry stakeholders from across the U.S. met with members of congress and legislative staff in March to relay their concerns as part of the first-ever Roofing Day. A date has been set for Roofing Day 2019.
- Sixteen Roofing Contractors Make 2018 Inc. 5000 List — The list ranks the nation’s fastest-growing private companies, based on percentage revenue growth when comparing 2014 and 2018.