Sixteen Roofing Contractors Make 2018 Inc. 5000 List
Sixteen U.S.-based companies in the roofing industry earned a spot on the 2018 Inc. 5000 list that was recently released.
The list ranks the nation’s fastest-growing private companies, based on percentage revenue growth when comparing 2014 and 2018.
Several of the 16 companies also were listed on the 2018 Top 100 Roofing Contractors List released earlier this month by Roofing Contractor magazine. Others made the 2018 Top 150 Roofing Contractors List.
Qualifying companies for the Inc. 5000 must have been founded by March 31, 2014, be based in the U.S., privately held, for profit, and independent (not subsidiaries or divisions of other companies) as of Dec. 31, 2017.
Among other things, the list shows significant growth in comparison with prior lists. The 2018 Inc. 5000 companies achieved a three-year average growth of 538.2 percent, and a median rate of 171.8 percent. The Inc. 5000’s aggregate revenue was $206.1 billion in 2017, and accounted for about 664,000 jobs in the last three years.
“We are honored and humbled to be named among so many top tier organizations,” said Randy Brothers, founder and CEO of Elite Roofing. The company made the list by achieving revenue growth of 104 percent during the qualifying timeframe.
Brothers and Cody Hayes were featured Young Guns by Roofing Contractor in 2015.
“More than 10 years ago Elite Roofing was founded with the mission to challenge the status quo of the roofing industry while providing economic opportunity," Brothers said. "Making this list is yet another critical milestone in our continued effort to do just that.” (Elite Roofing also made a video in response to making the Inc. 5000 that can be seen below.)
Companies representing the roofing industry on the 2018 Inc. 5000 list are:
- No. 687, Renown Roofing and Construction, Lewisville, Texas, on revenue of $10.3 million and 732 percent growth
- No. 1354, Legacy Service, Hatboro, Pa., on revenue of $19.3 million and 351 percent growth
- No. 1659, The Exterior Co., Lancaster, Pa., on revenue of $23.3 million and 278 percent growth
- No. 1736, Honest Abe Roofing, Terre Haute, Ind., on revenue of $7.8 million and 263 percent growth
- No. 1776, Contract Exteriors, Murrells Inlet, S.C., on revenue of $26.8 million and 255 percent growth
- No. 1834, Cochran Exteriors, Indianapolis, Ind., on revenue of $14.1 million and 245 percent growth
- No. 2112, John Beal Roofing, Maryland Heights, Mo., on revenue of $24.2 million and 210 percent growth
- No. 2852, Benton Roofing, East Flat Rock, N.C., on revenue of $19.9 million and 144 percent growth
- No. 2936, HCS Roofing + Restoration, Broken Arrow, Okla., on revenue of $2.2 million and 139 percent growth
- No. 3228, Kidd Roofing, Austin, Texas, on revenue of $38.8 million and 122 percent growth
- No. 3597, Elite Roofing, Denver, Colo., on revenue of $11.9 million and 104 percent growth
- No. 4017, Horizon Roofing, Waite Park, Minn., on revenue of $19.1 million and 88 percent growth
- No. 4249, Exterior Medics, Springfield, Va., on revenue of $11.7 million and 80 percent growth
- No. 4355, Roof Commander, Taveres, Fla., on revenue of $5.5 million and 76 percent growth
- No. 4612, RL National Roofing Partners, Coppell, Texas, on revenue of $44.6 million and 69 percent growth
- No. 4744, Remedy Roofing, Katy, Texas, on revenue of $20.7 million and 65 percent growth.
Figures were not independently verified by Roofing Contractor. The 2018 Inc. 5000 List can be viewed at https://www.inc.com/inc5000/index.html