FORT WORTH, Texas — The North Texas Roofing Contractors Association (NTRCA) — a regional association for professional residential and commercial roofing contractors, distributors, manufacturers and associates who maintain the highest industry standards — announces this year’s 2021 board of directors and 2021 award winners.
During the NTRCA Awards Banquet, held March 26 at the Fort Worth Zoo, the winners of the annual “Industry Leader of the Year” award and the “Associate of the Year” award were announced and recognized for their significant contributions to the North Texas roofing industry. Past winners meet annually to choose each year’s new honoree in each category.
The "Industry Leader of the Year" honor, the association's most prestigious recognition, was awarded to Catherine Awtrey, president of Texas Roof Management. The "Associate of the Year" honor was awarded to Ray Buckner, now retired from Johns Manville.
The 2021 NTRCA board members were also sworn in during the NTRCA Awards Banquet.
The NTRCA board officers for 2021 are:
- President: Kirk Scott, owner at Scott Exteriors
- Past President: Kyle Davis, owner at Super Roofman
- President-Elect: Carolyn Coleman, owner at Tice Enterprises, Ltd
- Treasurer: Craig Rainey, executive vice president at Supreme Roofing
Other members of the 2021 NTRCA board of directors are:
- Kanish Ali, owner at Legends Roofing
- Jesus Arzate, territory manager at GAF
- Huntter Byrd, outside sales at ABC Supply Co.
- Todd Etler, director of service and maintenance at Green Roofing and Construction
- Bret Foster, president at Bret Foster Roofing
- Kyle Frazier, sales manager at Frazier Roofing and Guttering
- Aimee Greenleaf, North Texas territory manager at CertainTeed
- Larry Johnson, operations manager at Chamberlin Roofing and Waterproofing
- Chad Perkins, area sales manager at Owens Corning
- Scott Shaeffer, account manager at Roadrunner Roofing Supply
- Oscar Villarreal, territory manager at Southern Shingles
Additionally, the following experts will serve as Ex Officio NTRCA board advisors in 2021:
- Karen Ensley, attorney/partner at Ensley Benitez Law, PC
- Kristin Lonergan, partner at Sleeper Sewell Insurance
Golden Hammer Award Winners
NTRCA Golden Hammer Award winners were also recognized during the event. NTRCA’s annual Golden Hammer Awards acknowledge outstanding roofing projects completed during the prior year. Entries are judged each year on logistical challenges, quality workmanship, uniqueness, difficulty, time constraints, innovative solutions and safety challenges.
Contractors selected to win this year’s Golden Hammer Award for Community Service projects were:
- KPost Roofing & Waterproofing for its Collins Residence Project (with support from CertainTeed)
- Outback Roofing, LLC for its U.S. Navy Veteran Home Project (with support from ABC Supply Co. and Owens Corning)
- PROCO Roofing & Construction for its John T. White Project (with support from ABC Supply Co. and Atlas Roofing Supply).
Commercial Contractors winning a Golden Hammer Award this year were:
- Brettco Roofing for its Pierce Burch Water Treatment Plant Project (with support from ABC Supply Co., CertainTeed, GAF, INSURICA, McElroy Metal Inc. and SRS Distribution)
- SPS Roofing Inc. for the Hilton Dallas Lincoln Project
- Texas Roof Management for its St. Mark’s School of Texas Tornado Restoration Project.
Residential Contractors selected to receive a Golden Hammer Award this year were:
- Joe Hall Roofing for the Cousins Residence Project (with support from Daltile Perennial Roofing)
- TexCity Roofing for its Burleson Project (with support from Southern Shingles)
- Tice Enterprises, Ltd. for its Ollman Residence Project (with support from Roadrunner Roofing Supply and DaVinci Roofscapes).
Contractors selected to receive a Golden Hammer Award this year in the Metal Roofing category were:
- Classic Superoof, LLC for its Dr. Smith Residence Project
- Ramon Roofing for the 2020 Street of Dreams Home Project (with support from SPEC Building Materials and Polyglass)
- Texas Roof Management for The First Presbyterian Church of Arlington Project.
Tile Contractors winning a Golden Hammer Award this year were:
- Paradigm Roofing for its Lake Ridge Apartments Project (with support from Beacon Roofing Supply)
- PROCO Roofing & Construction for the Normandy Project (with support from ABC Supply Co. and Boral Roofing Products)
- Ramon Roofing for its Tognana Italian Clay Tile Project (with support from SPEC Building Materials).
The lead sponsor for the 2021 NTRCA Awards Banquet was ABC Supply Co. Specialty sponsors were: Beacon Roofing Supply; Boyd, Shackelford, Barnett & Dixon; CertainTeed; Ensley Benitez Law, PC; GAF; IKO; Owens Corning; Roadrunner Roofing Supply; Roofer Tax Savings; Scott Exteriors; Southern Shingles; Tice Enterprises, Ltd. and Thermafoam LLC.
Ticket sponsors for the event were: Arrington Roofing, Brettco Roofing, C-CAP, Classic Superoof, Frazier Roofing & Guttering, Green Roofing, Joe Hall Roofing, Polyglass, PROCO Roofing & Construction, Ramon Roofing, SPEC Building Materials, Super Roofman and Texas Roof Management.