During this year’s NTRCA Gala and Awards Banquet, winners for the “Associate of the Year” and “Industry Leader” awards were announced and recognized for their significant contributions to NTRCA and the North Texas roofing industry and for their exceptional client service. Past winners meet annually to choose each year’s new honorees.
The “Industry Leader” honor, the association’s most prestigious recognition, was awarded to Kelly Lea of KPost Company, based in Dallas.The “Associate of the Year” honor was awarded to Susan Kittrellof C-CAP, based in Lewisville, Texas.
The 2013 NTRCA board members were also announced during the Awards Banquet. The NTRCA board officers for 2013 are:
• Dave Custable, principal at TriVAN Roofing (president)
• Mike Huddleston, owner at Mike Huddleston Roofing (past president)
• Craig Rainey, service manager at Supreme Roofing Systems (president-elect)
• Chris Hickey,sales manager at PCH Sales (treasurer)
Other members of the 2013 board of directors include:
• Rhian Cooper, territory manager at Shelter Distribution
• Kyle Davis, owner at Davis General Contractors
• Tim Doyle, commercial territory manager at GAF Commercial
• Greg Fawcett, owner at City Roofing Company
• Joe Henderson, partnerat Tice Enterprises, LTD
• Jason Horton, account manager at Wholesale Roofing Supply
• AJ Huckaby, owner at Springtree Roofing and Restoration
• Chris Meyer, co-owner at Crosby Roofing
• Luciano Perez, safety coordinator at KPost Company
• Tim Walker, managing partner at ABC Supply
• Gregg Walther, CRIS at Independent Safety Services, Inc.
At the event, this year’s NTRCA Golden Hammer award winners, announced in late January, were also recognized. NTRCA’s annual Golden Hammer Awards recognize outstanding roofing projects completed during the prior year. Entries are judged each year on logistical challenges, quality workmanship, uniqueness, difficulty, time constraints, innovative solutions and safety challenges.
Contractors selected to win this year’s Golden Hammer Award for Community Service Projects were: Frazier Roofing & Guttering for the replacement of Ms. Sherry Shanto’s Roof and Mike Huddleston RoofingSystemsfor its work on the Simple Truth Halfway House.
Commercial Contractors winning a Golden Hammer Award this year were: Castro Roofing for its work on the City Performance Hall in Dallas; Supreme Roofing Systems for its work on the new campus of First Baptist Church Dallas; and Texas Roof Managementfor its work on the Federal Reserve Bank in Dallas.
Residential Contractors awarded a Golden Hammer this year were: Bert Roofing for its work on the Stewart home in Frisco; Paradigm Roofing for the Brewer home project in McKinney; and Scott Exteriors for the Swiss Avenue home project in Dallas.
“We’re excited to welcome the new board of directors and recognize leaders who exemplify the highest standards and dedication in the roofing industry,” said Karen Vermaire Fox, executive director of NTRCA and owner of Quindigo Management, a Fort Worth-based company that manages trade associations. “We look forward to the year ahead, as NTRCA continues to raise the bar in the roofing industry in North Texas.”
For more information, please visit www.ntrca.com.