Don’t miss your chance to attend the Midwest Roofing Contractors Association’s (MRCA) 70th Annual Conference taking place Nov. 20-22 in Overland Park, Kan.
This annual conference is designed to provide residential and commercial roofing contractors as well as other industry professionals with the latest information, trends and networking opportunities. The event features educational sessions, exhibit floors and dynamic speakers.
This year’s keynote speaker is UFC Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier, who will speak at 10:30 a.m. on Nov. 21. Cormier is a UFC veteran and one of the greatest heavyweight fighters in the organization's history. Cormier was the second fighter to ever hold belts in two weight classes simultaneously and the first to defend his title in both classes.
More than 190 companies will be exhibiting at this year’s event. The conference’s well-known Metal Shop returns as part of the MRCA Expo and will feature demonstrations from multiple companies and manufacturers, including CIDAN's FX Combi Folder, CIDAN's RAPIDO 30 Shear, Hershey’s Metal Meister's DB 2180 Slit-Frei Folder and Sheffield Metals' Roof Panel Machine/Roll Former Machine. There will also be soldering demonstrations with the Copper Development Association and installation demos performed by the Metal Techs of Advanced Industrial Roofing Inc. out of Massilon, Ohio.
Contractors can check out the expo floor for free by using this pass.
Other conference highlights include:
- CERTA training programs held by the National Roofing Contractors Association to show roof system installers safe and proper torch usage for applying polymer-modified bitumen roofing products.
- First-time member reception.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10-hour training sessions (in English and Spanish).
- Steep Slope and Low Slope University.
- State of the Roofing Industry presentation.
- Roofer Olympics – competitors vie for up to $1,000 in prizes in contests for fastest shingler, pre-taped lap, heat welder and fastener.
For a full schedule of events and to register, visit www.mrca.org. Registration can also be handled at the door the day of the show.