CertainTeed Showcases Products at Western Roofing Expo
As part of the expo on June 11 from 10:15-11:30 a.m., CertainTeed Commercial Roofing Product Manager Abby Feinstein will present, “Low-Slope Roofing: How to Reduce Labor Expense without Compromising Quality.” The talk will present the findings of a five-year labor study conducted by Trinity | ERD on behalf of CertainTeed to determine the fastest products and application methods for commercial roofing.
“CertainTeed is excited to share the wealth of information the study produced on how commercial contractors can improve their efficiency across any roof covering by optimizing their crew management, project management and estimating accuracy,” said Feinstein.
CertainTeed will feature several of its low-slope Showcase Systems – two-ply low slope systems that come with 25 years of warranty protection. Those systems include:
- Flintlastic SA MidPly with Flintlastic SA Cap (self-adhered base and cap) – Offers safe, speedy and simple fume-free applications.
- Flintlastic Ultra Glass SA (self-adhered base) with Flintlastic GTA-FR (torch-applied cap) – Comparable to the application speed of fully adhered systems with faster times possible using a multi-torch wagon.
- Flintlastic Ultra Poly SMS with Flintlastic Premium FR-P (base and cap applied with cold adhesive or hot asphalt) – Offers tried-and-true, resilient, multi-layer protection with a combined thickness of 311 mils.
The company also is showcasing residential products.
“CertainTeed is committed to innovation and creating residential products that offer more value in the form of energy savings, greater durability and a smaller carbon footprint,” said Alex Pecora, director of roofing product management for CertainTeed. “By continuing to make our products more useful, we can demonstrate to contractors and homeowners that our products offer the best value proposition.”
Those products include:
- Landmark Solaris - A solar-reflective version of CertainTeed’s best-selling asphalt shingle, this wood shake-inspired shingle reflects solar energy and radiant heat much better than traditional roofing shingles.
- Presidential Solaris - Constructed from two layers of premium asphalt with advance solar- reflective granules, Presidential Solaris replicates the look of authentic cedar shake roofing with the added performance of cool roof technology.
- Presidential TL Solaris - A three-layer version of the Presidential Solaris shingle, with sculpted tabs, greater dimensionality, and a rich color selection provide the look and beauty of old-world cedar shake.
- NorthGate - CertainTeed’s NorthGate is a shake-look SBS-modified asphalt shingle made with rubberizing polymers that provide Class 4 impact resistance, and enhanced weatherability and granule adhesion. NorthGate shingles resist cracking, even in extreme cold weather, allowing for year-round installation.
- Matterhorn Metal Roofing - Matterhorn is a tough, low-maintenance luxury roofing solution that replicates the architecture and charm of traditional wood shake, slate and barrel tile roofing. In addition to offering Class 4 impact resistance, it is 100 percent recyclable, highly resistant to fire and wind, and offers 16 cool roof color options that can be used to comply with California Title 24 cool roof requirements.
- Solstice Solar System – Solstice is a highly-efficient rack-and-panel solar system offering 60- and 72-cell modules that provide up to 310 watts and 370 watts of power generation, respectively.Solstice modules are also available in American-made US Series options.
- Apollo II/Apollo Tile II – Strong, lightweight and sleek, Apollo II solar shingles and tiles are engineered for seamless integration with new or existing shingle/tile roof systems. Each all-black solar shingle/tile contains 14 high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon solar cells providing an industry-best power rating of 63 watts per shingle/tile.
For more information, visit booth 305 of the Western Roofing Expo or www.certainteed.com.