FAIRFAX, Va. — The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) announced the winners of the 14th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards.
Winners of the prestigious industry awards program represent stand out contractors and projects in the Spray Polyurethane Foam sector in insulation, roofing and specialty applications, as well as in elastomeric coatings.
The winners were recognized at the Sprayfoam Show 2019 Convention & Expo in Daytona Beach, Fla, on Feb. 6.
“This year our judges were blown away by the caliber and diversity of projects submitted for these prestigious awards,” said Denny Vandewater, owner of Sadler Coating Systems of Eagle Grove, Iowa, SPFA past-president and chairman of the 2019 SPFA Awards Program.
The awards program recognizes standout projects in six categories including: Commercial Wall Foam; Residential Wall Foam; SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet; SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet; Specialty Applications; and Elastomeric Roof Coatings.
“We are incredibly proud of all of our participating contractor members and these innovative projects completed throughout 2018,” said Tiffiny Flaim, president of the SPFA. “Projects like these prove the energy efficiency, durability, variety of use, and performance capabilities of spray foam and remind us why we are all so passionate about SPF.”
The winners and runners up of the 14th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards include:
- Purefoam Roofing & Insulation with supplier NCFI for the Central Lab Phase 7 in Frankfort, Ky. (Winner — Commercial Wall Foam)
- Houlden Contractors with supplier Icynene-Lapolla for the Houlden Contractors Western Division Headquarters in Chass County, Neb. (Runner up — Commercial Wall Foam)
- Coastal Insulation with supplier Icynene-Lapolla for the Upper West Side NYC Condominiums (346 & 350 West 71st Street) in New York, N.Y. (Winner — Residential Wall Foam)
- Fencil Urethane Systems with supplier SWD Urethane for Eagle’s Bluff in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisc. (Runner up — Residential Wall Foam)
- West Roofing Systems with supplier Accella for John Muir Elementary in Parma, Ohio (Winner — SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet)
- Cool-Roof Systems with supplier National Coatings Corp. for The Plunge at Belmont Park in San Diego, Calif. (Runner up — SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet)
- Wedge Roofing with supplier Everest Systems for Birkenstock USA Headquarters in Novato, Calif. (Winner — SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- Central Coating Co. Inc. with supplier Carlisle Roof Foam & Coatings for Rodney Strong Vineyards – A Roofing & Solar Project in Healdsburg, Calif. (Runner up — SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- STA-AESS-RES LLC dba “Foam Shielding Technologies” with supplier NCFI for Gamma Guard Radiation Shielding Polyurethane Foam; Tank Waste Radiation Shielding & Macro-Encapsulation in Richland, Wash. (Winner — Specialty Applications)
- Elite Insulation & PolyPro LLC and supplier Icynene-Lapolla for Interstate 81 Reed Creek, Wythe County Bridges in Virginia (Runner up — Specialty Applications)
- Roof Asset Management Inc. and supplier National Coatings Corp. for Lucix Corp. Facility in Camarillo, Calif. (Winner — Elastomeric Roof Coatings)
- West Roofing Systems and supplier Henry for MK Asset Management in Norcross, Ga., Des Plaines, Ill. and Round Lake Beach, Ill. (Runner up — Elastomeric Roof Coatings)