FAIRFAX, Va. – The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA), the educational and technical resource to the spray polyurethane foam (SPF) industry, today announced the winners of the 12th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards. Winners of the prestigious industry awards program represent stand out contractors and projects in the Spray Polyurethane Foam sector in both roofing and insulation, as well as in specialty applications. Awards were announced yesterday at the awards luncheon held at the Sprayfoam 2017 Convention & Expo in Palm Springs, Calif.
“Each year the Industry Excellence Awards allow us to recognize our industry’s truly outstanding contractors and projects,” said Kurt Riesenberg, executive director of the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA). “This year’s entries exceed the bar in best practices with the contractors showcased helping to set a tone of excellence in the application of Spray Polyurethane Foam.”
The awards program recognizes best-in-class projects in five categories including: Residential Wall; Commercial Wall; SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet; SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet; Specialty Applications, a category formerly known as Tanks & Vessels & Others.
The winners and runners up of the 12th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards include:
- Elite Insulation & PolyPro, LLC for the Blakemore Estate with supplier Lapolla Industries, Inc. (WINNER – Residential Wall Foam)
- Polyseal and the Mertarvik Sled House with supplier SWD Urethane (Runner up – Residential Wall Foam)
- West Roofing Systems, Inc. for the HyCAL Gibraltar Facility Rehabilitation with supplier Premium Spray Products, an Accella brand (WINNER – Commercial Wall Foam)
- Tri-County Insulation dba Boss Insulation for the Zinke Dairy, Inc. with supplier Lapolla Industries, Inc. (Runner up – Commercial Wall Foam)
- Wedge Roofing for The Mission Church with supplier Premium Spray Products, an Accella brand (WINNER – SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet)
- West Roofing Systems, Inc. for The Leader Building with supplier Accella and Progressive Materials (Runner up - SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet)
- Puff, Inc. for JFK High School with supplier Covestro (WINNER – SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- Insulation Solutions for Food Processing and Cold Storage Building with supplier Covestro (Runner up – SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- Elite Insulation & PolyPro LLC for West Main Street Bridge with supplier Lapolla Industries, Inc. (WINNER – Specialty Applications)
- Divine Energy Solutions for Turtle Back Zoo Giraffe House Exhibit with supplier Lapolla Industries, Inc. (Runner up – Specialty Applications)
“This year’s award entries brought in a number of innovative projects and applications,” said John Achille, President of the SPFA. “While we are limited in the number of awards we are able to bestow, this year saw no shortage of outstanding projects and work completed by contractors.”
The prestigious awards ceremony is one of many robust offerings at the Sprayfoam 2017 Convention & Expo – the nation’s largest annual event dedicated to the Spray Polyurethane Foam industry and value chain. This year’s agenda includes onsite exams and training for the SPFA’s Professional Certification Program; a keynote address by author and Emmy Award winner Steve Thomas of PBS’ This Old House fame, who is also a current spokesperson for Habitat for Humanity; a bustling and energetic 35,000-square-foot exhibit hall showcasing booth displays from over 80 industry organizations, manufacturers, contractors, equipment providers, and many others; a three-day educational program including more than 30 break-out sessions; a general session with efficiency legend Sam Rashkin, Chief Architect, Building Technologies Office highlighting the Department of Energy’s Net Zero Initiatives; SPFA Annual Member Awards, honoring members who have demonstrated significant dedication to the betterment of the organization and industry at-large; the Annual Golf Tournament; VIP events; member and contractor-only events; an entertainment filled Close-Out Reception and Networking Party.
Attendance for the Sprayfoam 2017 Convention & Expo exceeded 1,200 individuals representing the complete Spray Polyurethane Foam industry and value chain, as well as the general public. The event is being held at the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel and Palm Springs Convention Center.
Premier Sponsors of Sprayfoam 2017 include: Accella Polyurethane Systems, CertainTeed, Chemours, Covestro, Gaco Western, Honeywell, Icynene, Lapolla, NCFI Polyurethanes, and Polyurethane Machinery Corporation. Premier Media Sponsors include Sprayfoam Professional (the official publication of the Sprayfoam 2017 event), Building Enclosure, Roofing Contractor, and Walls & Ceilings magazines.
For more information, visit www.thesprayfoamshow.com.