FAIRFAX, Va. — The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA), the educational and technical resource to the spray polyurethane foam (SPF) industry, announced the winners of the 15th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards.
Winners of the industry awards program highlight some of the most noteworthy 2019 projects completed by contractors in SPF insulation, roofing and specialty applications, as well as in elastomeric coatings. The winners received their accolades at the sold-out awards luncheon held onsite at the Sprayfoam Show 2020 Convention & Expo in Pasadena, Calif.
“The nominations for our 15th annual awards program comprised an incredible group of projects in our field and the competition to win this year proved stiff,” said Denny Vandewater, owner of Sadler Coating Systems in Eagle Grove, Iowa, SPFA past-president and chairman of the 2020 SPFA Awards Program. “All entries impressed the judges and the winners selected ultimately represent the best in a bunch of standout projects.”
The awards program recognizes stellar projects representing best practices in six core categories that include: Commercial Wall Foam; Residential Wall Foam; SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet; SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet; Specialty Applications; and Elastomeric Roof Coatings.
The winners and runners up include:
Commercial Wall Foam
- WINNER: Elite Insulation & PolyPro LLC with supplier Icynene-Lapolla for the MillerCoors Yeast Propagation Lab in Elkton, Va.
- RUNNER-UP: Polyseal Insulation LLC with supplier Demilec for the Silver Bay Seafoods Fish Processing Facility in False Pass, Ala.
Residential Wall Foam
- WINNER: Callahan Foam Insulation LLC with supplier Icynene-Lapolla for the Harris Residence in Nettleton, Miss.
- RUNNER-UP: Nelligan Insulation Inc. with supplier Icynene-Lapolla for The Hobbit House in Stanardsville, Va.
SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet
- WINNER: Wedge Roofing with suppliers Everest Systems Co. and Beacon Roofing Supply for the Eichler Residence in San Rafael, Calif.
- RUNNER-UP: West Roofing Systems Inc. with suppliers Henry and Carlisle for the Thor Mann Residence in Croton-on-Hudson, N.Y.
SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet
- WINNER: Central Coating Company Inc. with supplier Carlisle Roof Foam & Coatings for Uber Advanced Technology Group – Historic Pier 70 Project in San Francisco, Calif.
- RUNNER-UP: West Roofing Systems Inc. with supplier Carlisle Roof Foam & Coatings for MTD in Willard, Ohio
- WINNER: RPC Industries Inc. with supplier Carlisle for U.S. Navy Aircraft Carrier Catapult Covers in Newport News, Va.
- RUNNER-UP: J. Calman Industries LLC and supplier Specialty Products Inc. for Four Naval Buoys (dimensions 40-foot long by 10-foot diameter) in Seattle, Wash.
Elastomeric Roof Coatings
- WINNER: Wedge Roofing and suppliers Everest Systems Co. and Beacon Roofing Supply for Creekside Homes in Mill Valley, Calif.
- RUNNER-UP: Central Coating Company Inc. and supplier National Coatings for Google Building 1015 in Mountain View, Calif.
“The attendees of the Sprayfoam Show look forward to the annual awards luncheon each year,” said Tiffiny Flaim, president of the SPFA. “Showcasing our industry’s top projects gets everyone excited about the undeniable performance and resiliency of spray polyurethane foam and elastomeric coatings.”
The annual awards are an integral part of the Sprayfoam Show 2020, the nation’s largest annual event dedicated to spray polyurethane foam. Additional information is available at www.thesprayfoamshow.com.