Fairfax, VA (February 6, 2018) – The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA), the educational and technical resource to the spray polyurethane foam (SPF) industry, today announced the winners of the 13th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards. Winners of the prestigious industry awards program represent stand out contractors and projects in the Spray Polyurethane Foam sector in roofing, insulation and specialty applications, as well as in elastomeric coatings. Awards were announced at the awards luncheon held onsite at the Sprayfoam 2018 Convention & Expo in Mobile, Alabama.
“These awards recognize the year’s best-in-class industry projects,” said Kurt Riesenberg, executive director of the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance. “We are really proud of this year’s award winners as they showcase not only best practices in the application of materials, but also the exceptional performance and energy efficiency of Spray Polyurethane Foam in a variety of structures.”
The awards program recognizes standout projects in six categories including: Commercial Wall Foam; Residential Wall Foam; SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet; SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet; Specialty Applications; Elastomeric Roof Coatings, a new category introduced this year.
The winners and runners up of the 13th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards include:
- Elite Insulation & PolyPro, LLC with supplier Icynene-Lapolla for the Keezell Building – Matchbox Realty and Management Services in Harrisonburg, Virginia (WINNER – Commercial Wall Foam)
- Wedge Roofing with suppliers Everest Systems and IDI Distributors for the Realms Cellars in Napa, California (Runner up – Commercial Wall Foam)
- SDI Insulation with supplier Accella Polyurethane Systems for the Jacobson Residence by BONE Structure in Stanford, California (WINNER – Residential Wall Foam)
- 951 Construction with supplier Accella Polyurethane Systems for The Flex House, a VISION House by Green Builder Media and Shelter Dynamics (Runner up – Residential Wall Foam)
- Wedge Roofing with suppliers Everest Systems, GE Enduris and Lucas for Mario Corbett Round House in Sausalito, California (WINNER – SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet)
- West Roofing Systems, Inc. with suppliers Accella and AGB Weatherproofing Technologies for Cleveland Airport Systems – B Concourse Security Checkpoint in Cleveland, Ohio (Runner up - SPF Roof Under 40,000 Square Feet)
- United Thermal Systems with supplier Gaco Western for Marquardt Switches in Cazenovia, New York (WINNER – SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- Central Coating Company, Inc. with supplier Accella Polyurethane Systems for Cirby Hills Hospital in Roseville, California (Runner up – SPF Roof Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- RPC Industries, JACKCRETE Division with supplier JACKCRETE for Interstate 264 Midtown Elizabeth River Tunnels Wall Joint Sealing and Void Fill in Portsmouth and Norfolk, Virginia (WINNER – Specialty Applications)
- West Roofing Systems, Inc. and supplier Accella Roofing Solutions for Grace Baptist Church – Passion Play in Brunswick, Ohio (Runner up – Specialty Applications)
- West Roofing Systems, Inc. and supplier Sherwin-Williams for Colonnade Roof Towers Metal Roof Restoration in Birmingham, Alabama (WINNER – Elastomeric Roof Coatings)
- Sadler Coating Systems and supplier Conklin Company for Cargil Concrete Grain Storage Facility in Maynard, Minnesota (Runner up – Elastomeric Roof Coatings
“We received a lot of fantastic entries this year and the competition was fierce,” said John Achille, President of the SPFA. “All of our entrants should be proud of the great projects they completed in 2017.”
The prestigious awards ceremony is one of many robust offerings at the Sprayfoam 2018 Convention & Expo, the nation’s largest annual event dedicated to Spray Polyurethane Foam. This year’s agenda includes a keynote session with Jeff Havens who will present “Uncrapify Your Life”, a hilarious and meaningful session utilizing humor to teach the audience how to improve in the areas of communication, customer service and accountability; onsite exams and training for the SPFA’s Professional Certification Program; a 50,000-square-foot exhibit hall showcasing more than 95 booth displays; a four-day educational program including more than 30 break-out sessions; the Annual Golf Tournament; an all-new Sprayfoam Education Stage; VIP events; member and contractor-only events; an entertainment filled Closing Reception and Networking Party.
Attendees at the Sprayfoam 2018 Convention & Expo represent the complete Spray Polyurethane Foam industry and value chain, as well as the general public. The event is being held at the Arthur R. Outlaw Convention Center in Mobile, Alabama.