STAFFORD, Va. — The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA), the educational and technical resource to the spray polyurethane foam (SPF) industry, today announced the winners of the 16th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards.
Sponsored by Arkema and Evonik, the industry awards program showcases many of the industry’s recent and most noteworthy projects completed by contractors located across the nation, highlighting best-in-class applications of spray polyurethane foam (SPF) in insulation, roofing and specialty applications, as well as elastomeric coatings applications. The SPFA recognized all winners on March 1 during the program’s official awards ceremony held at SprayFoam 2022 Convention & Expo in San Antonio, Texas.
“This year’s winners impressed us all with their extraordinary work,” says Denny Vandewater, owner of Sadler Coating Systems, SPFA past-president and chairman of the 2022 SPFA Awards Program. “As always the competition proved stiff and our judges were thoroughly pleased with all of the entries.”
The awards program recognizes stellar projects representing best practices in six core categories which include: Commercial Enclosure SPF; Residential Enclosure SPF; Roof SPF Less Than 40,000 Square Feet; Roof SPF Over 40,000 Square Feet; SPF Specialty Applications; and Elastomeric Roof Coatings.
The winners and runners up of the 16th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards include:
Commercial Enclosure SPF
- Polyseal Insulation with supplier Huntsman Building Solutions for the Fort Greely Missile Field #4 Defense System (winner)
- Foam Applications, LLC with supplier HENRY Co. for the New Headquarters for Foam Applications, LLC project (runner up)
Residential Enclosure SPF
- BREMS Energy Solutions with supplier Natural Polymers for Chauvin Legacy Home (winner)
- Callahan Spray Foam Insulation with supplier SWD for the Beautiful Smith Lake House (runner up)
Roof SPF Less Than 40,000 Square Feet
- Wedge Roofing with supplier Cal Roofing Supply for Quest Church & Day Care (winner)
- West Roofing Systems, Inc. with supplier Carlisle Roof Foam and Coatings for Spencer Forge & Manufacturing – Building 1, 7 and 9 (runner up)
Roof SPF Over 40,000 Square Feet
- Universal Coatings Inc. with supplier General Coatings Manufacturing Corp for SoCal Logistics Airport Boeing Hangar Roof Replacement (winner)
- Henderson-Johnson Co., Inc. with suppliers Everest Foam and Progressive Materials for Cobleskill Richmondville CSD (runner up)
SPF Specialty Applications
- Polyseal Insulation with supplier HMI for Anton Anderson Memorial Tunnel Structural Foam Stabilization (winner)
- JAG Lifting Solutions and supplier NCFI for Lake Erie Shoreline Erosion Prevention (runner up)
Elastomeric Roof Coatings
- Wedge Roofing with supplier Cal Roofing Supply for 1960s Steel Building (winner)
- RAM – Roof Asset Management and supplier National Coatings Company for Magnolia Business Park (runner up)
“The SPFA Board of Directors extends a warm congratulations to all of our winners,” says Bryan Heldreth, president of the SPFA. “Each of these projects represents excellence in the application of either spray foam or elastomeric coatings.”
For the first time ever, as an added incentive to all award entrants, the SPFA also awarded a grand prize. Universal Coatings, the winner in the Roofing SPF Over 40,000 square feet category, was drawn from a hat of all of this year’s category winners and will receive a local digital marketing package worth $10,000.
The annual awards are an integral part of SprayFoam 2022 Convention & Expo, the nation’s largest annual event dedicated to spray polyurethane foam. This year’s event features: a keynote with construction business expert and author Shawn Van Dyke; numerous educational sessions, a robust exhibits hall, SPFA Professional Certification Programs and Exams, an annual Golf Tournament, VIP events, and an entertainment-filled Close-Out Event Party. Attendees represent the complete Spray Polyurethane Foam industry and value chain, as well as the general public.
Huntsman Building Solutions is Platinum Sponsor of the 2022 event. Additional event sponsors and partners include: Gold Sponsors General Coatings Manufacturing Corp, Universal Polymers Corporation, Thermoseal, Honeywell, SES Polyurethane Systems, Accufoam and Gaco; Silver Sponsors BASF and Carlisle Construction Materials; Bronze Sponsors International Fireproof Technology Inc., Natural Polymers and BOSS; NIE Award Sponsors Arkema and Evonik; Premier Media Sponsors Sprayfoam Professional, Sprayfoam, Roofing Contractor, Walls & Ceilings and CoatingsPro magazines; Media Sponsor Roofing magazine; and Industry Partners Spray Foam World Wide, Silicone Expo, NRCA and International Roofing Expo.
Additional event information is available at sprayfoam.org/sprayfoam2022.