TROY, Mich. — Roofing contractors around the country are putting their resources and focus on the future through continued support of annual scholarships for exemplary students. The Western States Roofing Contractors Association (WSRCA) recently announced its 2015 scholarship winners.
The Davis Memorial Foundation, operated by the WSRCA in honor of Larry and Mary Davis, has invested in the higher education through scholarships and sponsorship of technical seminars at colleges and universities since 1995. Designed to help develop a well-educated and professional construction industry, student recipients demonstrate exceptional academic performance and personal character through the selection process.
Candidates must be accepted to a college, university or trade school and either an employee of or direct family member of a roofing professional. More than 75 students have received financial awards toward their education through the foundation. The 2015 scholarship recipients are:
• Maria F. Nifas, Roofmaster Products Company, Pasadena, Calif.
• Spencer Winkle, Western Pacific Roofing Corporation, Palm Desert, Calif.
• Samantha Lyons, CertainTeed, Sacramento Valley/Northern Nevada
• Morgan McCarter, Firestone Building Products, Indianapolis
• Jason Ablott, JJ Roofing Company, Riverside, Calif.
• Daisy Brambila, Enterrprise Roofing Inc., Concord, Calif.
Next year’s recipients will also benefit from the foundation’s most successful fundraising campaign yet. Officials said they raised a record $48,000 during the silent auction and golf tournament at the opening of the Western Roofing Expo in Las Vegas in July.
For more information, visit www.wsrca.com.