The Davis Memorial Foundation, operated by the WSRCA in honor of Larry and Mary Davis, has invested in the higher education through scholarships and sponsorship of technical seminars at colleges and universities since 1995. Designed to help develop a well-educated and professional construction industry, student recipients demonstrate exceptional academic performance and personal character throughout the selection process.
Candidates must be accepted to a college, university or trade school, and either an employee of or direct family member of a roofing professional. More than 80 students have received scholarships toward their education since the foundation’s inception.
The 2016 scholarship recipients are:
• Brittani Adams, of Bandera, Texas — Tarleton University, Texas A&M
• Emma Ker, of Salt Lake City, Utah — University of Utah
• Conor Mielke, of Chilliwack, British Columbia — University of Alberta
• Kaylyn King, of Turlock, Calif. — Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
• Hannah Reed, of Littleton, Colo. — University of Colorado - Boulder
• Alexander Pinto, of Irvine, Calif. — USC Law School
• Adriano Borsa, of Evergreen, Colo. — Harvard University
Last year, the foundation awarded seven $5,000 scholarships. Officials said that they hope to award even more scholarships next year based on strong fundraising during June's 2016 Western Roofing Expo in Las Vegas. Visit www.wsrca.com for more information.
Report Abusive Comment