NEMEON Roofing and Siding Distribution Cooperative
Why Contractors Benefit From Choosing to Buy From Locally Owned Distributors
NEMEON is a purchasing cooperative comprised of more than 180 locally owned independent roofing and siding distributors with more than 520 locations nationwide. Working through a cooperative effort gives the membership a national presence with the manufacturing community yet retains all the advantages of local ownership. A cooperative is one way for independent business owners to prosper and effectively meet the challenge of chain store and big box competition. Colin King, co-owner of K & V Homes in Iowa, a customer of Lumbermans Drywall & Roofing Supply in Des Moines, chooses to buy local because “…it’s the personal service, from the owner on down, and the feeling of not being a customer, but being a part of the Lumbermans family.”
Bill Wahl Supply in New Jersey has been operating for more than 24 years with the business philosophy that profit is a byproduct of integrity. His customers have benefited from that. Steve McKillop Sr. of Aries Window and Door said, “BWS is like family to me. We go way back to when I first started in business years ago when I was a kid. They always work with me, no matter what type of situation arises.”
The NEMEON member distributor is more than a supplier; they are your partner. Through this partnership they are able to offer quality products, fair pricing, superior service and a first-rate reputation. Their goal is to help their customers be successful and operate their independent company in the exact same way: quality products, fair pricing, superior service and a first-rate reputation. They believe in owner-to-owner relationships and support the “buy local” efforts of their communities.
When you support a locally owned company:
- Profits remain local and are invested in the community rather than foreign countries or different states. This re-investment benefits surrounding businesses and the community.
- Local businesses support local charities, events, teams, churches and organizations; owners, managers and employees are integral to and contribute to the community because they are part of it.
- Local businesses offer choices that chain or national companies don’t; they tailor their inventories and services to meet the specific needs of the local community, which results in better service and quality to customers.
- Independent businesses are owned by people who live in the community and are committed to investing in it. Local business owners are much more accessible than executives of large corporations.
- Small local businesses employ the most people nationally and in the community provide the most jobs to its residents.
Jason Shupp of Ferguson Roofing, a customer of Arrowhead Building Supply in the St Louis market, summed it up best. “As a third-generation family business, we appreciate the opportunity to work with other locally owned and operated suppliers. Our distributors are crucial in helping us fulfill our customers’ expectations. We feel comfortable that those who share our vision of supporting the community can best help our business and customers.”
To learn more about your local NEMEON Distributor and LionGuard, visit NEMEON's website, www.nemeon.com.