Atlas recently unveiled its new polyiso insulation product, EnergyShield XR, specifically engineered to provide continuous insulation for foundation walls and under-slab use, expanding its polyiso wall solution offerings for both commercial and residential applications.
“As a premium building solution designed for architects, designers, and builders, EnergyShield XR effectively insulates the building foundation to help improve energy efficiency and interior comfort for occupants,” said Jen Frey, senior product manager for wall insulation at Atlas. “It’s engineered to effectively reduce energy loss through foundation walls with exceptional durability to resist loads from soil and hydrostatic pressure.”
High Thermal Efficiency for Below-Grade Applications
Building foundations are the fulcrum for high-performance design; optimizing thermal efficiency and mitigating potential moisture problems for below-grade walls are critical to a structure’s overall building performance.
According to an Atlas news release, EnergyShield XR is a polyiso rigid foam board comprised of a closed-cell structure with impermeable, durable facers offering high R-value per inch of thickness that resists moisture absorption, providing an effective material to insulate in various climates. Its utility as a vapor retarder, with high compressive strength, and the company’s ease of use assurance make it a high-performing solution for building foundations.
EnergyShield XR benefits include:
- More With Less: Polyiso has the highest R-value per inch when compared to other insulation products. This allows polyiso to meet or exceed R-value requirements with a thinner profile, delivering more boards per truckload.
- Exceptional Durability: With a standard compression strength at 25 psi, EnergyShield XR resists pressures from backfill and the durable facers offer added impact protection.
- Material Compatibility: Polyiso is compatible with the majority of mastic or solvent-based products, such as adhesives, flashings, and damp-proofing, making component selection simpler and installation quicker. Adding insulation against the foundation wall helps mitigate damage to the waterproofing membrane.
- Responsibly Manufactured: EnergyShield XR is manufactured with environmentally responsible processes, an established core formulation, and recycled content to provide a sustainable solution. It also meets UL GREENGUARD Gold certification, one of the industry’s most stringent environmental standards and sustainable building code goals.
- Makes Light Work of Installation: EnergyShield XR is easy to cut and move around the jobsite. Plus, it is prescored to help expedite installation even further.
- 15-Year Warranty: EnergyShield XR is backed by a limited 15-year thermal warranty.
For more information about EnergyShield XR, please visit wall.atlasrwi.com.
Report Abusive Comment