The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) announced the winners of the 17th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards. The industry awards program highlights some of the spray foam industry’s latest standout projects and recognizes contractors for their solid practices in applications of spray polyurethane foam (SPF) in insulation, roofing, specialty applications and concrete lifting, as well as for elastomeric coatings applications.
The SPFA recognized all winners on Feb. 14 during the program’s official awards ceremony held at SprayFoam 2023 Convention & Expo in Daytona Beach, Fla. The industry awards program is sponsored by Arkema and Evonik.
“Our winners have completed some of our industry’s absolute best work in spray foam and coatings,” says Denny Vandewater, owner of Sadler Coating Systems, SPFA past-president and chairman of the 2023 SPFA Awards Program. “These projects and contractors are an inspiration to us all.”
The awards program recognizes stellar projects representing best practices in seven categories: The SPF Concrete Lifting category is a new category introduced this year. The winners and runners up of the 17th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards include:
- Winner: Polyseal Insulation with supplier Huntsman Building Solutions for Fort Yukon LRRS Barracks
- Runner-up: Homeco Insulation, Inc. with suppliers BASF and International Cellulose Corp. for Fort Snelling Upper Post Flats-Phase 1
- Winner: Peak Spray Foam Insulation with suppliers Natural Polymers LLC and IDI for Stowman
- Runner-up: Spray All with supplier Huntsman Building Solutions for Tibbot House (Runner up – Residential Enclosure SPF)
Roof SPF Less Than 40,000 Square Feet
- Winner: Wedge Roofing with supplier Cal Roofing Supply for Napa County Vineyard
- Runner-up: Central Coating Company with supplier National Coatings Company for Bay Area Luxury Apartments
Roof SPF Over 40,000 Square Feet
- Winner: West Roofing Systems with supplier SWD for Sharpsville Container
- Runner-up: Draper Construction & Commercial Roofing, Inc. with supplier Everest Systems for Southgate Shopping Center
SPF Specialty Applications
- Winner: Midwest Spray Foam Insulation with suppliers Foam Direct and Conklin for Hawkins Chemical
- Winner: Polyseal Insulation, LLC with supplier HMI for Port of Whittier Dolphin Cell Repair
Elastomeric Roof Coatings
- Winner: Wedge Roofing with supplier Cal Roofing Supply for Hotel Healdsburg
- Runner-up: West Roofing Systems, Inc. and supplier Progressive Materials for New Covert Generating – Pumphouse Wall Coating
SPFA also awarded two grand prizes this year, each for $5,000. West Roofing Systems and Midwest Spray Foam Insulation were both drawn from a hat of all of this year’s winners and will each receive a local digital marketing package worth $5,000.
“We want to congratulate all of our winners,” said Rick Duncan, executive director of the SPFA. “Each of these contractors have done an incredible job demonstrating what can be achieved with spray foam and elastomeric coatings.”
The annual awards are part of the SprayFoam 2023 Convention & Expo, one of the nation’s largest annual events dedicated to spray polyurethane foam. This year’s event features: a keynote with digital marketing expert and author Marcus Sheridan; nearly 50 educational sessions; an exhibits hall featuring the latest and greatest products, equipment and services; SPFA Professional Certification Programs and Exams; an annual Golf Tournament; VIP events; an entertainment-filled Closing Reception; and much more. Attendees represent the complete Spray Polyurethane Foam industry and value chain, as well as the general public.
Huntsman Building Solutions is Platinum Sponsor of the 2023 event. Additional event sponsors and partners include: Gold Sponsors Honeywell, Thermoseal, SES Polyurethane Systems, Accufoam, Gaco, General Coatings, Universal Polymers Corporation and Victory Polymers; Silver Sponsors Carlisle Construction Materials and NCFI; Bronze Sponsors BASF, Handcrafted Hose Company, SWD Urethane and Natural Polymers; NIE Award Sponsors Arkema and Evonik; Premier Media Sponsors Sprayfoam Professional, Roofing Contractor, Walls & Ceilings and Sprayfoam Magazine; Media Sponsors CoatingsPro and Roofing magazines; and Industry Partners NRCA, International Roofing Expo and Spray Foam World Wide.