WASHINGTON, D.C. — Building Talent Foundation (BTF) honored its 2022 Industry Champions for their above-and-beyond commitment, contribution, and collaboration in building a sustainable workforce in residential construction.
BTF is a national nonprofit organization, established in 2019 by the Leading Builders of America to address the acute and persistent talent shortage across building trades. With an average of 400,000 job openings throughout 2022, and with 40% of the current workers expected to retire by 2031, the construction industry must invest in strengthening its workforce. With the support of its Champions, and in collaboration with construction employers, training providers and community-based organizations, BTF connects youth and people from underrepresented groups with internship and employment opportunities. BTF has coached over 1,400 people into jobs and in 2022, BTF engaged more than 23,000 people across the U.S. in exploring careers in construction.
BTF CEO Branka Minic delivered plaques to the BTF Industry Champions during the 2023 International Builders Show.
“Through the support of the Leading Builders of America and our Industry Champions, BTF is able to implement solutions to the critical talent shortage in residential construction,” Minic said. “They are partners in our mission and share our vision for a sustainable workforce in our sector.”
Building Talent Foundation's 2022 Industry Champions are:
- Builders FirstSource, one of the nation’s largest supplier of structural building products, value-added components and services to the professional market for new residential construction and repair and remodeling.
- Carrier, a leading global provider of healthy, safe, sustainable and intelligent building and cold chain solutions.
- Daikin, a global leader in air conditioning, with HVAC&R, fluorochemical, and filtration products.
- International Code Council, a leading global source of model codes and standards and building safety solutions that include product evaluation, accreditation, technology, training, and certification.
- Kohler, a global leader in the design, innovation and manufacture of kitchen and bath products; luxury cabinetry, tile and lighting; engines, generators, and clean energy solutions.
- Resideo, a leading global manufacturer and distributor of technology-driven products and solutions that provide comfort, security, energy efficiency and control to customers worldwide.
- Sherwin-Williams, a manufacturer, developer, distributor, and seller of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers.
- Simpson Strong-Tie, one of the largest suppliers of structural building products in the world.
“Each of these organizations believes in the importance of BTF’s mission and have been excellent allies in executing our strategy,” said Minic. “The only path to effectively address workforce challenges is with industry-wide support and collaboration. These organizations are models of that collaboration, which is why we are recognizing them today.”