ALACHUA, Fla. — The National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) released curriculum updates of its most popular titles and valuable translations in 2022 to expand access to industry-built education, including its roofing curriculum.
Each revision includes important content additions and updates to reflect current industry standards and new advancements in safety, technology, equipment and other best practices. Several of the new editions also feature a modernized layout and design with updated artwork to improve the reading experience.
The curriculum updates from 2022 continue NCCER’s commitment to enhancing its products and services to meet the needs of a digital-first age. The new title releases feature expanded digital resources, instructional videos, interactive self-guided learning features and more. NCCERconnect and eTexts are also available for many of these titles.
Four of NCCER’s most highly used craft training programs were updated this year, including:
- Welding Level 1, Sixth Edition
- HVACR Level 1, Sixth Edition
- General Carpentry, Sixth Edition
- Plumbing Level 1, Fifth Edition
Throughout 2023, NCCER will release additional levels of all of these crafts, as well as the NEC 2023 code updates to NCCER's four-level Electrical program.
NCCER is also releasing Spanish translations of several popular curricula. The renewed Spanish translation efforts are part of NCCER's goal to help organizations train skilled craft professionals in an increasingly diverse workforce. These translated titles include:
- Core, Sixth Edition (Spanish): This foundational Introduction to Basic Construction Skills curriculum is once again available in Spanish and features a new elective module introducing construction careers, more rigorous performance tests, and extensive updates on math, hand tools, power tools and drawings.
- Roofing Level 1-2, Second Edition (Spanish): The newest edition of Roofing was developed in partnership with the National Roofing Contractors Association. This is the first time the NCCER Roofing curriculum has been translated into Spanish.
- Concrete Construction Level 1-2, Second Edition (Spanish): The Concrete Construction curriculum covers a range of specific content, such as the characteristics of concrete, using concrete as a building material and the process of curing concrete.
In addition, several crafts received new editions of higher levels after earlier levels of their track were updated in 2021. Those new releases include:
- Roofing Level 2, Second Edition
- Sprinkler Fitting Level 3, Fourth Edition
- Millwright Level 3, Fourth Edition