UPDATED 4/7/2022 with new deadline
The Midwest Roofing Contractors Association (MRCA) is extending the deadline to submit applications for its Foundation Scholarship to June 6. The previous extension was April 4.
The program is open to undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in a trade school, college, or university. High school seniors who are provisionally accepted at an educational institution and intend on earning a degree or certified trade program are also eligible to apply.
Candidates must submit the following to be considered for a scholarship:
- A fully-completed application.
- Proof of being associated with an active MRCA member company.
- A written statement from the educational institution where the trade-related, undergraduate or graduate work will be undertaken, indicating provisional acceptance of the student at the institution.
- Official transcripts from current high school or educational institution showing at least a 3.0 GPA
- Two letters of recommendation, submitted by persons at least 18 years of age who are not related to the candidate. Only one letter of recommendation may come from a Director of MRCA, however, none may come from a Director of the MRCA Foundation.
- A typed essay of no more than one page, explaining why the applicant is interested in pursuing a degree in the construction industry or related field and any steps that have been taken to pursue this goal including relevant honors, activities, or employment.
The number and dollar amount of scholarships awarded will be determined by the MRCA Foundation Board of Directors. Applications and the required documents must be submitted no later than June 6.
Visit mrca.org for more information.