The Davis Memorial Foundation, now in its 25th year, announced it is granting $50,000 to 10 students for its 2021 scholarship season.
The scholarship program, held since 1997, supports the next generation of students and aspiring professionals by rewarding academic performance and helping them financially as they pursue higher education. More than 150 scholarships have been given through the program, totaling more than $650,000.
The following are this year's winners (in alphabetical order):
- Travis Cole Chapman – Texas A&M University - College Station
- Jesus Velasquez Caro – Proctor R. Hug High School
- Jelyn Betinafaye Davis – Billings Senior High School
- Oscar Encarnacion – College of Southern Nevada
- Jordan Holland – Denali Peak High School
- Andrea Sahagun – Northern Arizona University
- Brycen Tambone – Yavapai College
- Maria Vielma – University of New Mexico
- Marshall Henry Watson – North Forney High School
- Joshua Wilmerding – Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
The foundation gives priority to students who want to attend a trade school, or earn a college or university degree that relates to the construction industry. Employees, spouses and children of roofing industry professionals in particular are encouraged to apply.
The Davis Memorial Foundation is operated under the auspices of the Western States Roofing Contractors Association, with the scholarships made possible through funds established by sponsors and fundraising events.