The virtual event replaces the in-person expo originally scheduled for June 7-9 in Las Vegas. Instead of the traditional convention center experience crammed into a few days, the WSRCA is spreading out the expo from July 1-15 so registrants can attend at their own pace.
“As you have come to expect from the Western States Roofing Contractors Association, we have turned this challenge into an opportunity for the industry,” WSRCA Executive Director Thomas Papas said in a written statement.
The WSRCA said it is aware of the importance of bringing roofing contractors together with manufacturers and suppliers, but is also keenly aware of the need to practice social distancing. The virtual format will relieve attendees of the burdens of traveling and exhibiting during a pandemic while still enabling them to connect with one another.
“In these unprecedented times, Western States has found ways to still bring you education on new and inventive products,” said WSRCA President Leo Ibarra. “That’s what this association is all about; continuing to adapt the industry in this ever changing world. I am honored to be a part of such an incredible organization and can’t wait to see you at the virtual expo.”
The WSRCA will provide a number of features for registrants to explore at their own leisure, including:
- More than 20 webinars selected by its roofing contractor panel
- Opportunities to earn IIBEC and AIA CEU’s
- A virtual trade show
- Live product demonstrations
- Members-only raffle prizes
- Legislative updates from Washington insider Craig Brightup
- A scholarship award ceremony
- A virtual silent auction benefiting the Davis Memorial Foundation Scholarship Program