The Western States Roofing Contractors Association (WSRCA) is looking for industry leaders to help shape of the future of the roofing industry in the western United States.
WSRCA contractor members in good standing are encouraged to apply to one of the elite roofing organizations in the country. As a board member, roofers can help shape the future of the roofing industry and be involved in many of the activities offered by any association, from start to finish. Applying for the position also provides a pathway to give back to this great industry that has done so much for so many companies and their employees.
Additionally, board members will have opportunities to increase their engagement with the roofing industry and connect with other peers that care deeply about the industry's future and will work toward its success. Active volunteerism is the key to any successful organization, and WSRCA board members will gain an insider’s knowledge of the association and how it helps the industry, both collectively and individually. They'll also learn new skills and acquire new knowledge that may help with professional and personal advancement.
Those interested in applying should know the following about eligibility, terms and meetings:
- In accordance with the Bylaws, contractor members in good standing are the only members eligible for a three-year term as a board member.
- Board members serve a three-year term.
- Meetings of the board are held in the Fall (August/September) and the Winter (January/February) and are located in the western region which the WSRCA represents. Each director is eligible for reimbursement for their transportation costs (airfare and rental car). Board meetings usually start on Wednesday and conclude on Saturday.
- Two abbreviated meetings of the board are also held at the annual convention, the Western Roofing Expo, for purposes of convention participation and elections.
- Applicants must be a WSRCA regular (contractor) member in good standing for a minimum of one year to be considered.
Applications are due by April 30. Click here for more information and to apply.