NEWTON, Mass. — Up-and-coming industry experts will present the latest in business trends and techniques at METALCON 2019, the largest international event for the metal construction industry.
This year’s event is scheduled to take place at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Penn. from Oct. 16 to Oct. 18. METALCON has lined up three speakers to give entrepreneurs the edge in everything from organizing their businesses to managing digital ads.
“We are excited to have these three power houses join us in Pittsburgh this year for what promises to be a great show,” says Claire Kilcoyne, METALCON Show Director. “We have a solid line-up of educational sessions featuring industry-related topics and overall A/E/C business advice.”
Returning this year is Danny Kerr, co-founder and managing partner of Breakthrough Academy (BTA), a company designed to help entrepreneurs in the trades grow their company’s profitability while taking back control of their time. BTA works with more than 220 business owners across the continent and was rated as Canada’s 16th fastest startup by Maclean’s magazine in 2018.
“Creating an aligned and defined organizational structure is a key component to running a profitable and scalable business,” Kerr said. “Having your staff operating with clear roles, goals and deliverables is the foundation to productivity and success."
Kerr will present “The 3 Keys to Getting Out of the Day-to-Day in Your Business” in the main PPG Theater at 2 p.m. on Oct. 16 and 17. Attendees will learn about the following:
- A proven system for recruiting the top talent in the industry
- A processes to track numbers on every job and predict profitability in 2020
- The unusual planning methodology that will focus staff’s goals toward one common objective
Kerr will also present “Structuring Your Company for Maximum Productivity” in the Learning Center at 3 p.m. on Oct. 16 and 17. The presentation will provide attendees with the basic tools and templates for:
- A defined organizational structure outlining all of the roles needed to achieve company goals
- Job descriptions for staff, defining accountability and deliverables, all methodically leading toward achieving annual business goals
- A week-by-week sales and production plan that aligns with year-end goals
- A system to monitor actual results throughout the year
New to this year’s METALCON is Sam Beiler, co-founder and CEO of Boostpoint, LLC. Beiler is a marketing professional and entrepreneur who empowers his fellow business owners to generate more revenue with a streamlined platform that targets, publishes and measures digital ad campaigns.
“Whether you’re a small-town business or a big corporation, social media plays a huge role in keeping your business relevant in today’s digital age,” said Beiler. “My session will teach attendees how to take their businesses to the next level.”
Beiler will discuss this and more during his “How to Build a Local Brand that Generates More Business” presentation, which will be held in the Learning Center at 2 p.m. on Oct. 16. The presentation will focus on:
- How to unlock the power of digital ad platforms to create brand awareness
- How to create a lead generating ad campaign and generate consistent leads through a repeatable advertising strategy
- Understanding the secrets to running effective Facebook and Instagram ads
Also new to METALCON is Ryan Groth, founder of Sales Transformation Group, Inc. Groth became involved in the contracting business with his family as a teen. Today, he helps contractors transition from living in an unpredictable world to creating high-performing sales organizations.
Groth is presenting “Predictable Revenue: 5 Steps to Getting off the Revenue Rollercoaster” in the PPG Theater at 1 p.m. on Oct. 17. In this session, Groth will address:
- Why not having predictability is a problem
- What the root causes of unpredictability are
- The five steps to get your business to predictability
The David L. Lawrence Convention Center is located at 1000 Ft. Duquesne Blvd., Pittsburgh, Penn. 15222. For more information, visit www.metalcon.com.