RALEIGH, N.C. — RCI Inc. announced it has changed its name to the International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants.
RCI is a nonprofit association originally incorporated in 1983 as the Roof Consultants Institute (RCI).
Starting April 1, the organization will officially become the International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC; pronounced "eye-bec").
The new logo was revealed during the organziation's 2019 RCI International Convention & Trade Show on March 16. You can see a cool video of the reveal below.
The change, approved by its membership after extensive study, brand assessment, and industrywide feedback, will align the association’s name and brand with its purpose and strategy heading into the future.
RCI has grown from a small core of dedicated roof consultants to represent some 3,600 members, comprised of building enclosure consultants and other industry stakeholders specializing in roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall specification and design. The evolving focus of the institute’s members in embracing the entire building enclosure called for a name that would clearly define its purpose as:
- An international association
- A professional institute representing building enclosure consultants – architects, engineers and others such as ex-contractors who have gained the required education and experience
- A knowledge hub and leading authority on all things building enclosure (roofing, waterproofing and exterior walls)
- An institute attractive to professionals of all ages, races, and gender
- An industry leader endeavoring to increase exposure, recognition, and usage of the institute’s resources by nonmember architects and engineers, government agencies (state and federal), as well as end-users such as school boards, universities, facility managers, etc.
The organization said all correspondence, financial transactions, contracts, and references to RCI should be changed to the International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants or IIBEC as of April 1.