NASHVILLE — Firestone Building Products Company LLC has released its 2017 Sustainability Report, providing a comprehensive review of the company’s sustainable manufacturing and business processes.
According to a press release from the Firestone Building Products (FSBP), the report showcases the company’s commitment to providing sustainable solutions across the commercial roofing and building envelope industries and outlines how the FSBP product portfolio contributes to a more sustainable environment.
“Firestone Building Products is committed to sustainable products and business practices, and our annual sustainability report is a tangible example of our dedication to delivering a lasting, positive impact through our work,” said Taylor Cole, president, Firestone Building Products. “In conjunction with our parent company, Bridgestone Corp., we are focused on our mission of Serving Society with Superior Quality by embracing our responsibilities as a leader in the roofing and building envelope solution industry.”
Bridgestone released a comprehensive report several weeks ago. The FSBP report is more specific to the division and showcases steps it has taken to deliver a lasting, positive impact with programs and products that meet customers’ needs and expectations while ensuring a healthy environment and workforce for the future.
- Completed in 2017, the Bridgestone Tower headquarters building in Nashville includes FSBP products and is targeting LEED Gold Certification.
- The FSBP DeForest, Wis., plant implemented lean strategies through 2017 that improved operational efficiency in its shipping processes that resulted in reduced fuel consumption and reduced carbon dioxide emissions.
- Across the company, FSBP has implemented more than 40 energy efficiency projects that have resulted in 7 percent reduction of energy usage since 2012.
- The FSBP Prescott EPDM plant has diverted more than 12,700 tons of pre-consumer scrap material from the landfill to be reprocessed back into product from 2013 to 2017.
- Since 2012, FSBP has reduced total water use by 37 percent per tonne of product and has reduced total wastewater by 50 percent per tonne of product.
FSBP is a leading manufacturer and supplier of trusted roofing and building envelope solutions. Products include: commercial roofing systems, roofing accessories, green roofing systems and daylighting systems, vegetative roofing systems, metal wall panels, insulation, cavity wall construction, pond liners, geomembranes and silicone and acrylic liquid coatings.