Fort Worth, Texas — The North Texas Roofing Contractors Association (NTRCA) has announced its new 2015 Board of Directors and the winners of two prestigious annual awards honoring those who have made significant contributions to the roofing industry in North Texas.
The organization celebrated its 30-year anniversary at its Awards Banquet held Feb. 14. The winners for the Associate of the Year and Industry Leader of the Year awards were also announced and recognized for their exceptional service and significant contributions to the North Texas roofing industry. Past winners meet annually to choose each year’s new honorees.
The Industry Leader of the Year honor, the association's most prestigious recognition, was awarded to Dan Pitts of Pitts Roofing Company Inc. The Associate of the Year honor was awarded to Matt Hood of ABC Supply Co. Inc.
The 2015 NTRCA board members were also announced during the banquet. The NTRCA board officers for 2015 are:
• President: AJ Huckaby, owner at Springtree Roofing and Restoration
• President Elect: Matt Hines, president and CEO at MRB Contractors
• Past President: Craig Rainey, service manager at Supreme Roofing Systems
• Treasurer: Rhian Cooper, territory manager at West End Roofing
Additional members of the NTRCA 2015 board of directors include:
• Scott Adams, branch manager at ABC Supply
• Mike Buttrey, partner at MHBT
• Kyle Davis, owner at SuperRoofman
• Paul Duncan, president at Trinity Roofing and Construction
• Nick Febo, regional sales manager at ER Systems
• Holly Green, owner at Brettco Roofing
• Mike Huddleston, owner of Mike Huddleston Roofing Systems
• Joann Moreno, territory manager at GAF
• Aaron Myer, service department manager at RL Murphey Commercial Roof Systems
• Dan Pitts, president at Pitts Roofing Company Inc.
• Bo Wilson, associate at Milby PLLC
“Our 2015 board of directors are committed to excellence and service in the roofing industry, and we are excited to welcome them to our organization, “ said Karen Vermaire Fox, executive director of NTRCA and owner of Quindigo Management, a Dallas/Fort Worth-based company that manages trade associations. “We look forward to their expertise and dedication in the coming year as NTRCA continues to be the premier resource for roofing contractors working and doing business in North Texas.”
During the evening, this year’s NTRCA Golden Hammer award winners were also recognized. NTRCA’s annual Golden Hammer Awards recognize outstanding roofing projects completed during the prior year. Entries are judged each year on logistical challenges, quality workmanship, uniqueness, difficulty, time constraints, innovative solutions and safety challenges.
Contractors selected to win this year’s Golden Hammer Award for Community Service Projects were: NTRCA members for their work on the Joann Smith community service project; Springtree Roofing & Restoration LLC for its community service project on Lindo Dr.; and Supreme Roofing Systems and SR Roofing for their work for Revealed World Ministries.
Commercial Contractors winning a Golden Hammer Award this year were: Empire Roofing Inc. for its work on the Chateau Plaza; Supreme Roofing Systems for its work on the GW-50 Roof Replacement; and Chamberlain Roofing & Waterproofing for its work on UTD Student Housing Project #4.
Residential Contractors awarded a Golden Hammer this year were: Tice Enterprises LTD for the Moreno Residence project; Springtree Roofing & Restoration LLC for its work on the Vandelia Street project; and Buzz Roofing and Construction for the Liszewski Residence project.
Classic Superoof LLCwas awarded the inaugural Green Roofing Golden Hammer Award for its work on the Burleson Blvd. Baptist Church project.
For more information, visit www.ntrca.com.