TOLEDO, Ohio — Owens Corning Roofing and Asphalt LLC hosted its 2013 Owens Corning Roofing Platinum Preferred Contractor Celebration on April 8-10 in Amelia Island, Fla. In conjunction with Owens Corning’s 75th anniversary, contractors from across the country were celebrated for their dedication to excellence in roofing.
The Roofing Platinum Preferred Contractors were honored in categories ranging from community outreach and business growth to industry stewardship and innovation. The 18 contractors who were recognized also share a strong dedication to growing and advancing the roofing industry through results-oriented approaches and sustainable business practices.
“This year’s Owens Corning Roofing Platinum Preferred Contractor Award winners represent the pinnacle of the industry, demonstrated by their excellent dedication to Owens Corning Roofing, their customers, and the communities in which they do business,” said Matt Lawver, contractor services leader, Owens Corning. “Year after year, we’re inspired by the accomplishments of these professionals who are taking the initiative to create a more prosperous and robust roofing industry.”
The national Owens Corning Roofing Platinum Advisory Board reviewed each nominated candidate and selected one outstanding recipient for each of the top three award categories:
- Spirit Award: Kelly Roofing of Naples, Fla.,was recognized for its exceptional business practices and commitment to uphold the spirit and values of Owens Corning, which include integrity, respect, accountability, fun, sharing, candor and innovation. Kelly Roofing has strong ties to Habitat for Humanity, emergency medical transport organization Angel Flight, and Hope Contained, a charity that helps provide low-income families with affordable housing.
- Bright Future Award: Elbert Construction LLC, of Indianapolis earned this recognition for significant business growth during its first year as an Owens Corning Roofing Platinum Preferred Roofing Contractor. The honor speaks to the company’s pursuit of excellence in customer service and business development.
- Industry Stewardship Award: Deer Park Roofing of Cincinnati was honored for the second year in a row, reflecting the company’s pursuit of innovative solutions and impactful expertise within the roofing industry. The company has taken the lead in working with the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) to develop the ProForeman program, an educational effort that helps create and promote career paths for workers within the roofing industry. By assisting contractors with developing accurate job descriptions and identifying opportunities for promotion, the ProForeman program aids companies in retaining and rewarding outstanding employees on the path to success.
Owens Corning also honored five Platinum Preferred Contractors who achieved outstanding results in each of three categories. The 15 additional award recipients include:
Shingle Recycling Volume Award:
- BTR Construction, Charlotte, N.C.
- Lon Smith Roofing, Fort Worth, Texas
- Mastercraft Exteriors, Rockton, Ill.
- Roof Roof USA, Atlanta
- Sela Roofing & Remodeling, St. Louis Park, Minn.
System Advantage™ Platinum Limited Warranty Registrations Award:
- Bob Behrends Roofing LLC, Greeley, Colo.
- Metro Construction Inc., Denver
- Roof One LLC, Pontiac, Mich.
- Seagate Roofing and Waterproofing, Toledo, Ohio
- Yorkshire Roofing, Livermore, Calif.
Owens Corning Roofing Purchase Volume Award:
- American Dream Home Improvement, Downers Grove, Ill.
- Aspen Contracting, Lee’s Summit, Mo.
- Best Choice Roofing and Home Improvement Inc., Hendersonville, Tenn.
- Jasper Contracting Inc., Baton Rouge, La.
- Quick Roofing LLC, Kennedale, Texas
For additional information, visit www.roofing.owenscorning.com.