INDIANAPOLIS — Firestone Building Products Company, LLC, is demonstrating its commitment to green and sustainable building performance solutions at Greenbuild 2012, Nov. 14 – 16 in San Francisco. Greenbuild is a leading conference and expo that brings together industry leaders, experts and professionals dedicated to sustainable building.
Contractors, architects and other professionals can visit Booth 1201S to learn about Firestone Building Products’ comprehensive solutions, and how the company tailors its products and systems to meet individual customer needs as well as building requirements. The company will feature the following:
SkyScape™ Vegetative Roof System
A literal “green roof,” SkyScape Vegetative Roof System provides a variety of benefits important to a sustainable building:
• Serves as an insulating layer to help reduce building heating and cooling costs
• Protects the roofing material from UV and heat stress degradation
• Mitigates wind uplift
• Extends the service life of the underlying roof system
• Improves storm water management
• Enhances air quality resulting from the conversion of carbon dioxide to oxygen and decreased ambient air temperature, which in turn reduces heat-island effect
• Qualifies for up to a 30-year Firestone Red Shield™ Warranty
• Contributes to LEED® certification
Environmental Passive Integrated Chamber (EPIC Chamber™) System
The EPIC Chamber System is an on-site water management and reuse system designed to collect, filter, retain and distribute water below ground at the source. Combining passive subsurface irrigation, water storage and filtration into a single, customizable solution, the EPIC Chamber System utilizes capillary rise and gravity to manage and direct water resources. It’s an ideal solution to control the discharge of stormwater run-off from roads, parking lots, roofs and other hardscapes. Benefits of the EPIC Chamber System include:
• Recycles graywater onsite for sub-surface irrigation
• Minimizes the amount of pollutants entering the groundwater
• Decreases a facility’s reliance on municipal water supplies and eliminates the need for open retention ponds
• Irrigates 50 – 85 percent less potable water than traditional overhead irrigation
• Contributes to LEED certification
SunWave™ Daylighting System
This is a premium daylighting product featuring a double-glazed, acrylic, prismatic layered dome that provides the highest visible light transmittance with superior distribution. Over 4,000 tiny prisms per square foot refract, direct and diffuse sunlight into thousands of micro sunbeams, which may replace indoor electrical lighting up to 70 percent during the day. The SunWave Daylighting System also catches up to 20 percent more light at low angles than standard shapes. The system is available in six standard sizes and may be covered under the Firestone Red Shield Warranty.
SunWave™ SMRT Daylighting System
The SunWave SMRT Daylighting System is a premium solution for the commercial roofing industry, providing increased productivity and durability while reducing operating costs. The system uses mirrors and satellite technology to allow electrical lights to be shut off up to 70 percent of the day.
For more information, visit www.firestonebpco.com.