ORLANDO, Fla. – Firestone Building Products Company, LLC, a leading manufacturer and supplier of high-performing building product solutions, featured its newest formulation of polyiso insulation at the American Institute of Architects Conference on Architecture (AIA) April 27-29, 2017 in Orlando, Fla.
The new formulation is the best-performing polyiso on the market and is equipped with the highest R-value per-inch in cold temperatures. Firestone polyiso outperforms mineral wool and competing polyiso boards, and offers architects a sustainable building solution. Benefits include:
- Polyiso is more environmentally-friendly than mineral wool, requiring 85 percent less embodied energy to manufacture. Polyiso can also be recycled and reused on reroofing applications, while mineral wool cannot.
- Polyiso has a Global Warming Potential (GWP) that is 3.5 times lower than mineral wool.
- Polyiso is eligible for LEED V4 credits in categories including energy and atmosphere, and materials and resources.
- Competing polyiso boards require an additional .25 inches to meet an R25 value at 40 degrees Fahrenheit. This means fewer inches of the product are required to consider when designing the building envelope.
- Outperforms the industry standard by up to 18 percent.
The Firestone polyiso offering includes ISO 95+™ GL Insulation, RESISTA™ Insulation and ISOGARD™ HD Cover Board.
“As a company, we’ve always been committed to manufacturing products that help ensure a healthy environment for current and future generations, and our newest polyiso formulation contributes to that vision,” said Ed Klonowski, ISO product manager at Firestone Building Products. “Architects can depend on our polyiso to provide their clients with a high-performing product that works to minimize energy use and reduce waste.”
Show attendees learned about the new insulation at Firestone Building Products booth 1613, and can also saw the company’s self-adhered offering, Secure Bond™ Technology.
Secure Bond Technology is a factory-applied, pressure-sensitive adhesive that ensures coverage across the membrane and establishes one of the strongest bonds possible – a bond that is nearly twice as strong as the nearest self-adhered membrane competitor.
Secure Bond Technology significantly outperforms liquid LVOC adhesives and has no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), making it safer for building occupants and the environment. The Secure Bond Technology liner is also non-hazardous and 100 percent recyclable. Firestone Building Products currently offers UltraPly™ TPO SA and RubberGard™ EPDM SA with Secure Bond Technology.
For more information, visit www.firestonebpco.com.