WALTHAM, Mass. — SPRI has selected Bob LeClare as president for the 2012-2014 term. SPRI’s members elected LeClare at the association’s 30th Annual Conference and Business Meeting, held Jan. 13-15 at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott in Fort Myers, Fla.
LeClare is vice president of sales for the W.P. Hickman Company. LeClare holds a Bachelor’s degree from Purdue University and has more than 25 years of experience in architectural metals and the roofing industry. LeClare is a member of the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI), the Roof Consultants Institute (RCI), and the Roofing Industry Committee on Weather Issues (RICOWI). He has been an active member of SPRI for more than 10 years and has chaired SPRI’s ES-1 task force, served as Treasurer, Promotion Committee chair, and as a board member.
“I am honored to have the privilege of serving as SPRI president for the next two years,” said LeClare. “SPRI has become a prominent voice in the roofing industry and is the leading technical resource for single-ply membranes and components. My goal is continue SPRI’s standard and code development activities, and to further enhance SPRI’s strong reputation in the industry.”
During the meeting, SPRI’s membership also voted in a bylaw revision that expands the term of office for all SPRI officers for two years. SPRI’s membership elected the following slate of officers and directors for the association’s 2012-2014 membership years:
• President-Elect: Stan Choiniere, OMG Roofing Products
• Secretary/Treasurer: Hal Shapiro, Johns Manville
• SPRI Immediate Past-President: Dave Bailie, United States Gypsum Company
• Two-Year Director (Assoc.):Bob LeClare, W.P. Hickman Company
• Two-Year Director (Assoc.):Dave Bailie, United States Gypsum Company
• Two-Year Director (Assoc.): Peter Garrigus, Trufast Corporation
For more information, visit www.spri.org.