Created with a gusseted half round design, the new Yeti Series of Snow Guards from Rocky Mountain Snow Guards, Inc. can handle loads in excess of 800 pounds. The .40-inch thick aluminum snow guards are available in pre-coated and custom powder coated aluminum, plus copper.
“We’ve developed five different Yeti series for use with asphalt, metal, concrete, tile and synthetic roofing,” says Lars Walberg, president of Rocky Mountain Snow Guards. “The new Yeti series combines greater strength and larger pad area like our RG snow guards with the half-round style of our popular ST snow guards. We anticipate there will be immediate popularity for the Yeti series.”
Yeti Snow Guard Systems
The Yeti pad face area (the vertical part of the snow guard that holds snow) is almost twice the pad face area of the ST snow guards and slightly less than the RG. In addition, Yeti snow guards feature a flange around the pad face to hold snow in place so it can’t slide side to side. With the flange included, the face area of the Yeti is more than five square inches.
New products in the series include:
- Yeti 6 Snow Guard System - 6-inch snow guard for installation on metal shingle roofs and retro-fit installation on asphalt shingles and DaVinci Province™ Slate roofs.
- Yeti 9 Snow Guard System - 9-inch snow guard for installation with new asphalt shingle roofs and retro-fit installation on synthetic slate/shake roofs.
- Yeti 11 Snow Guard System - 11-inch snow guard for installation for retro-fit installation on synthetic slate/shake roofs.
- Yeti 18 Snow Guard System - 18-inch snow guard for new installation of natural and synthetic slate and shake and cedar shingle roofs.
- Yeti Tile Hook Snow Guard System - 11-inch snow guard with "hook" for new and retro-fit installation on concrete and clay tile roofs.
For details visit rockymountainsnowguards.com or call 1-877-414-7606.