ROSEMONT, Ill — The Roofing Alliance has released the names of the six universities that will be participating in the Roofing Alliance 2022-2023 Construction Management Student Competition.
Finalist teams will be announced in January 2023 and those teams will present their proposals before a panel of judges on March 8, 2023, during the International Roofing Expo at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas, Texas.
Schools participating in the ninth annual student competition include:
- Bradley University, Peoria, Ill. – Team mentor is Doug Duncan, Nations Roof, Villa Park, Ill.
- California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, Calif. – Team mentor is Rudy Gutierrez, Shell Roofing Solutions, Chino, Calif.
- Clemson University, Clemson, S.C. – Team mentor is Will Fort, Bone Dry Roofing, North Charleston, S.C.
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colo. – Team mentor is Kent Nelson, Front Range Roofing Systems LLC, Greeley, Colo.
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas – Team mentors are Lance Van Winkle and Kyle Cahill, King of Texas Roofing Company LP, Grand Prairie, Texas
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla. – Team mentor is Rob Springer of Springer-Peterson Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc., Eaton Park, Fla.
The Roofing Alliance Construction Management Student Competition is designed to test the students on their roofing knowledge, project management capabilities and presentation skills. This year’s project is Globe Life Field in Dallas. Teams research the chosen project, submit a qualified bid package proposal and complete an oral presentation to illustrate their roofing, project management, estimating and safety knowledge.
To learn more about the Roofing Alliance Construction Management Student Competition and how to attend, please visit the Roofing Alliance website. For more information about the Roofing Alliance, please contact Alison L. LaValley, CAE at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit roofingalliance.net.