ALACHUA, Fla. — The National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) and Build Your Future (BYF) in conjunction with The National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) are proud to recognize recipients of this year’s scholarship.
Recognizing that both nonprofit organizations have a shared interest in supporting students who have chosen a career and technical education (CTE) pathway, NTHS and NCCER partnered in 2018 to provide a unique scholarship opportunity that supports students who plan to continue their education in a construction pathway. Scholarship winners are chosen based on their academic merit, NTHS membership and construction program involvement. To date, 20 students have been awarded scholarships totaling $40,000.
The 2022 recipients are:
- Rebecca Coleman of Bethlehem Area Vocational-Technical School- Pennsylvania
- Mirna Obeid of Clarksburg High School- Maryland
- Jeffrey Matson of Tennessee College of Applied Technology- Tennessee
- TJ Bodamer of North Point High School- Maryland
- Cecelia Raschke of Southern Technical College- Florida
- Parryn Cornell of Riley High School Career & Technical Education- Indiana
“The students selected for this year’s BYF and NTHS scholarship exhibit great passion for and interest in the construction field,” said NTHS Executive Director Peyton Holland. “For these students, the desire to be engaged in the construction industry isn’t just about getting a job, it’s about being hungry to learn in an industry where growth opportunities are ever-present.”
The NCCER & BYF/NTHS Scholarship can help bridge the skills gap in the construction industry by providing financial help to those seeking craft training. For more information, please visit byf.org/scholarships.