ALLENTOWN, Pa. — A new online course, titled “Testing and Specifying Metal Roofs in High Wind Areas” is now available online at BNP Media’s Continuing Education Center. It is also published in the September issue of Architectural Record. This course is approved by the AIA (American Institute of Architects) continuing education system for one AIA LU/HSW, and it is also approved by IIBEC (International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants) for one IIBEC CEH.
After completing the online course, you should be able to:
- Identify the types of metal roof panels and their performance capabilities, as well as the key test methods used to evaluate these systems for wind resistance impacting occupants’ safety and security.
- Utilize other important roofing tests and code requirements for metal roof and perimeter edge systems.
- Analyze the effects of high winds on the roof and building envelope, and common causes of failure due to inadequate installation.
- Optimize metal roofing specifications for enhanced durability and occupant safety based upon testing data and real-world performance.
- Gather best practices for ensuring durable and secure roofing designs gleaned from experience in the field and working closely with metal roofing manufacturers.
In addition to this new online course, ATAS has also updated their course on “Designing for the Effects of Wind on a Building – Tests and Reality.” This course is also approved by the AIA continuing education system for one AIA LU/HSW, and IIBEC for one IIBEC CEH.
“With the addition of these educational resources, ATAS now offers a total of 13 courses, 10 of which can be given in a firm’s office or virtually by our team of product representatives and market specialists," said Lee Ann Slattery, sales support manager for ATAS. "The other three are online courses which can be taken on-demand. ATAS is proud to continue sharing our industry knowledge and provide education for those in the design and construction community.”
To review the entire listing of ATAS’ AIA approved courses, visit atas.com/aiaandgbciapprovedseminars.