NEWTON, Mass. — METALCON introduces its first advisory council to help shape the future of METALCON, ensuring it represents all factions of the metal construction industry and its major attendee groups.
“We’ve gathered a council comprised of key exhibitors, industry experts, associations and attendees to invite their feedback on what they would like to see new and different about the show,” said Judy Geller, METALCON’s vice president of tradeshows. “We are listening and initiating new programming for 2021, including more diverse focus areas on the show floor, expanded education and training, a new solar pavilion, the new Architect’s Experience and additional networking opportunities.
“We are pleased to announce the 2021 METALCON Advisory Council, an esteemed group of industry leaders who are dedicating their time to making the show better than ever. Representing all facets of the industry, these volunteers are generous with their time, insights and ideas, helping to ensure that METALCON is a vibrant and relevant event that meets the ongoing needs of the industry.”
- Art Hance, founder and president of Hance Construction Inc., and national president, MBCEA
- Bob Repovs, president and CEO, Samco Machinery
- Brent A. Schipper, founding principal, ASK Studio
- Geoffrey L. Stone, founder, owner and CEO, MetalForming Inc.
- Heidi Ellsworth, owner, HJE Consulting
- Jeff Henry MB, CAE, executive director, Metal Construction Association
- Jeff Irwin, president, JH Irwin Consulting LLC
- Lori Reynolds Morrow, CSI, CDT, architectural project manager, Sheffield Metals International
- Mark Kalin, FAIA, FCSI, LEED, president, Kalin Associates
- Paul Deffenbaugh, editorial director, Modern Trade Communications
- Paul Lechiara, owner/president, East Coast Metal Roofing
- Tony Bouquot, general manager, MBMA and vice president at Thomas Associates Inc.
METALCON Advisory Council members represent those in metal construction, metal building systems, metal building contracting and erecting, insulated metal panels, architecture, contracting, roofing, roll forming, key associations and industry trade press.
“We are truly grateful for the council’s volunteer participation and look forward to doing great things together,” said Geller. “This year’s show promises to be representative of the entire metal construction industry with a broader base of exhibitors and attendees.”
METALCON 2021 takes place Wednesday, Oct. 6-8 at the Tampa Convention Center, 333 S. Franklin St., Tampa, Fla., 33602. Registration opens beginning in mid-April.