A roofing contractor inadvertently set the roof of a Navarre Beach, Fla. condominium complex on fire Thursday evening, causing $50,000 in damage.

The Pensacola News Journal reports crews from Navarre Beach, Midway Fire District and Holley-Navarre Fire District responded to a two-alarm fire around 4 p.m. The fire crews climbed 14 flights to reach the ignited roof. According to officials, the nature of the fire was accidental.

“He was using a torch to apply roofing tar from around 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. When he left, there was no visible smoke or flames,” Navarre Beach Fire Rescue Chief Danny Fureigh told the Pensacola News Journal. “But there must have been a smoldering ember somewhere, and with the wind up that high, it ignited.”

Fire crews evacuated the east tower as a precaution. No one was injured, though one firefighter was treated for minor injuries on site. The name of the roofing contractor was not released.