ROSEMONT, Ill. — The Roofing Alliance, the foundation of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), proudly announces its 2020 Construction Management Student Competition participating schools.
Celebrating its sixth year, the competition had nine schools submit their intent to participate. Five finalist teams will be announced Dec. 9, 2019 and will compete on Feb. 5 at the 2020 International Roofing Expo (IRE) in Dallas, Texas.
The schools that have indicated their intent to participate are:
- Auburn University, The McWhorter School of Building Science, Auburn, Alabama with Rachel Nemecek (team captain), Samuel Short, Oliver Reinwald, Davis Hambrick and Walker Lott (alternate). Faculty advisor is Lauren Redden. Team Mentor is Kyle Thomas, Thomas Roofing Co. Inc., Mobile, Ala.
- Bradley University, Peoria, Ill. with Jacob Settles (team captain), Chance Emanuels, Benjamim Maust and Caden Lansford. Faculty advisor is Dr. Souhail Elhour. Team mentor is Laurie Moore, Kreiling Roofing Co., Peoria, Ill.
- Clemson University, Clemson, S.C. with Brad Smith (team captain), David Compton, Patrick McLeod (alternate), Hallie Bowers and Hendrix Smith. Faculty advisor is Dr. Dhaval Gajjar. Team mentor is Nicholas Hotze, Guy Roofing Inc., Spartanburg, S.C.
- Colorado State University, Department of Construction Management, Fort Collins, Colo. with Brendan Phelan (team captain), Paul Cheever, Christopher Vargas and Jake Peckham. Faculty advisor is Nick Rubino. Team mentor is Kent Nelson, Front Range Roofing Systems LLC, Greeley, Colo.
- Kennesaw State University, Marietta, Ga. with Jazzmin Evans (team captain), Maxim Downs, Cynia Gardner and Biancha Clarritt. Faculty advisor is Ali Keyvanfar. Team mentor is Candace Klein, Klein Contracting Corp., Doraville, Ga.
- Minnesota State University - Mankato, Department of Construction, Mankato, Minn. with Hunter Koesters (team captain), Seth Hander, Dylan Keck (alternate), Benjamin Meyer and Cory Erickson. Faculty advisor is Brian Wasserman. Team Mentor is Kevin Palmer, Schwickert’s Tecta America of Mankato LLC, Mankato, Minn.
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio with David Swain (team captain), Mackenzie Lange, Brady Jackson (alternate), Matt Korzenko and Kin Sanders-Evans. Faculty advisor is Michael Brown. Team mentor is Joseph Sanderlin, Chemcote, Inc., Dublin, Ohio.
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas with Tyler Stivers (team captain), Austin Davis (alternate), Erbey Hernandez, Collin Rosser and Kyler Hardison. Faculty advisor is Lance Simms. Team Mentor is Mark Standifer, King of Texas Roofing Company, LP, Grand Prairie, Texas.
- University of Florida, M.E. Rinker, SR. School of Building Construction, Gainesville, Fla. with Tony Centro (team captain), Ricardo Madero, Eric Biggs, Palmer Collins and Collin Galinas (alternate). Faculty advisor is Jim Sullivan. Team Mentor is Rob Springer of Springer-Peterson Roofing + Sheet Metal Inc., Eaton Park, Fla.
The Roofing Alliance construction management student competition tests the students on their roofing knowledge, project management capabilities and presentation skills. This year, the teams are tasked with submitting a qualified bid package for a new roof system on the Ford Center, the indoor practice facility of the Dallas Cowboys. The Ford Center is part of the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters in Frisco, Texas. The teams must research the project, review the plans and specifications, and assemble a full estimate and proposal to submit a qualified bid package.
The teams will submit their proposal packages by Dec. 9, 2019 to be reviewed by the team of judges. A maximum of five finalist teams will be selected to travel to the IRE in Dallas, where they will present their proposals as if they were presenting to the general contractor for the project on Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2020. Finalists will be named on Jan. 6, 2020.
To learn more about the competition and how to attend, visit www.roofingalliance.net or contact Bennett Judson, the Roofing Alliance’s executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report Abusive Comment