ROSEMONT, Ill. – The Roofing Alliance, the foundation of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), is proud to announce the 2019-20 Roofing Alliance Melvin Kruger Endowed Scholarship recipients.
Named after Melvin Kruger, a former NRCA president and CEO of L.E. Schwartz and Son, the scholarship program provides merit-based scholarships to NRCA contractor and supplier members, their employees and their families who are furthering their education to pursue a career in the roofing or building construction industries.
This year’s scholarship recipients are:
- Joseph Castellucia – Dan Cohen Scholarship, son of Joseph Castellucia, Vice President, Chris Andersen Roofing Co., Hopelawn, N.J.
- Davis Edwards, son of Van Edwards, Chief Operating Officer, Midsouth Roof Systems, Forest Park, Ga.
- Matthew Killgore – OMG Scholarship, son of Charles Killgore, Vice President, Delta Roofing & Sheet Metal, West Memphis, Ark.
- Morgan Patterson – OMG Second Scholarship, daughter of James Patterson, Vice President Procurement, Centimark Corporation, Canonsburg, Pa.
- Calvin Raymore, son of Calvin Raymore, Senior Vice President of Safety and Risk, Centimark Corporation, Canonsburg, Pa.
In addition to these recipients, the Roofing Alliance renewed scholarships for the following:
- Salvador Flores Garcia – Beacon Roofing Supply Scholarship, attending University of California: Berkeley, Berkeley, Calif.
- Elaina Krumholz – Fred Good Scholarship, attending the University of Minnesota; Twin Cities, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Sophia McGuire – William A. Good Scholarship, attending University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Alyssa Merna – Firestone Scholarship, attending Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais, Ill.
- John Paynter - Melvin Kruger Scholarship, attending East Carolina University, Greenville, S.C.
- Cameron Tickerhoff – Firestone Scholarship, attending Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
Students are awarded $5,000 per year for up to four years of undergraduate study. Between the five new recipients and the six renewals, the Roofing Alliance awarded $55,000 in scholarships for the 2019-20 school year.
“To date for the Melvin Kruger Endowed Scholarship program we have awarded a total of 130 students who have received $845,000 in scholarship awards,” said Josh Kelly, current president of the Roofing Alliance. “We are very honored to give back to the next generation of roofing professionals in this way.”
Scholarship recipients are selected based on areas like academic performance, leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors and work experience. Details for the 2020-21 Melvin Kruger Endowed Scholarship program and application guidelines will be available in August 2019.
Visit www.roofingalliance.net for more information.