National Women in Roofing Announces NWIR Day Scholarship Recipients
DENVER — National Women in Roofing (NWIR), a national organization focused on the empowerment of women within the roofing industry, has announced the recipients of its first-ever NWIR Day scholarships.
The scholarships will cover the costs for these first-time attendees to attend the second annual NWIR Day in Nashville.
The second NWIR Day will be held in Nashville on Saturday, Feb. 9, right before the start of the International Roofing Expo.
This pilot sponsorship program was designed to encourage first time attendees who work for a contractor to experience the benefits of professional development in the roofing industry, as attendance at these events can influence one’s career trajectory and benefit not just the attendee but her company and employer as well.
2019 recipients are:
- Veronica Licona, KMA Roofing, Florida
- Meredith Marsh-Shaevitz, Pitch Perfect Roofing, Oklahoma
- Kristy Lynch, Rayco Construction. Minnesota
- Jennifer Wrightson, Rockwell Roofing, Massachusetts
“We had so many interested in the scholarship and it was very hard to choose just four recipients,” said Jennifer Stone, NWIR vice chair and scholarship coordinator. “The number of applications supports our belief that there is such a need for an organization such as NWIR and reinforces the emphasis on the need to grow our local councils in order to reach more women in the industry.”
The scholarship recipients will receive:
- Attendance at NWIR Day, the NRCA awards banquet, a pass to the trade show expo, and a Super Pass (compliments of the International Roofing Expo) to education sessions
- Hotel accommodations from Friday, Feb. 8 through Wednesday, Feb. 13
- Roundtrip airfare
- A host/mentor assigned through the NWIR mentoring program
Learn more about the day, see the full schedule and find registration details at www.nationalwomeninroofing.org.