DuPont Announces Winners of the 2017 DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
RICHMOND, Va. — DuPont Protection Solutions (DuPont) announced the winners of its fourth-annual DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards.
Created to spotlight excellence in innovation and design of protective gloves made with DuPont™ Kevlar® fiber, the DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards give official licensees of the Kevlar® brand the opportunity to showcase their advanced designs using Kevlar® that enhance worker protection while allowing dexterity and providing superior durability.
The DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards guidelines dictate that winning designs should be “Unique or groundbreaking in their approach and challenge the boundaries of conventional hand/arm protection.” This year’s award winners, announced during a special reception at the 2017 National Safety Council Congress & Expo in Indianapolis, Ind., include:
● Ansell, for its HyFlex® 11-542, a lightweight glove designed with Kevlar® for ANSI A7 high cut resistance, comfort and dexterity.
● Protective Industrial Products (PIP), for its Smart-Fit™ sleeves containing Kevlar®, which offer arm cut protection with complete stretch recovery.
● SHOWA, for its SHOWA® 4561 15-gauge, cut level ANSI A4 glove, consisting of Kevlar® and utilizing SHOWA’s Zorb-IT® grip technology which allows for stronger grip in oily and wet conditions.
● Superior Glove Works, for its Dexterity® cut-resistant glove made with Kevlar® that offers ANSI A3 cut protection in an 18-gauge design for precision work and comfort
● Youngstown Glove Co., for its FR Rain Glove, an arc-rated, cut-resistant, flame-resistant and waterproof leather glove with a liner made of 100 percent Kevlar®.
“We are honored to recognize these glove manufacturers for their inventive uses of Kevlar®,” said Joel DeNardis, mechanical protection marketing manager, DuPont Protection Solutions. “DuPont recently celebrated its 50th anniversary of the invention of Kevlar®, but it remains very much at the forefront of protective technology when it comes to promoting worker safety. We are proud to collaborate with these glove manufacturers that continue to push the limits of what’s possible to make work gloves that are more comfortable, more durable and more protective.”
Best known for its use in ballistic and stab-resistant body armor, the use of DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber in products has helped save the lives of thousands of people around the world. Today, Kevlar® is used in everything from firefighter gear to commercial aircraft and city roads, as well as in consumer products including tires and high-performance sports equipment. For more information, visit www.kevlar.com or www.dupont.com/protection-solutions.