Beacon, the national distributor of building products, including roofing materials, announced on May 18 it had released its second annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report offering a quantified view of the company’s environmental, social and governance commitments.
“Our 2022 CSR Report highlights the winning culture we are building, which is an integral part of Beacon’s Ambition 2025 strategy,” said Julian Francis, Beacon’s President and CEO. “We have worked hard to train and engage every employee in operating safely, to provide talent development opportunities that build careers, and to establish partnerships to support and uplift our communities.”
Highlights of the report include:
- Safety performance data providing transparency about our OSHA indicators
- Employee diversity data
- Charitable partnerships with Rebuilding Together and K9s For Warriors
- Results of our skill-building initiatives for employees
- Greenhouse gas disclosures, scope 1 and 2 emissions intensity, and; progress toward our 2030 goal of 50% GHG reduction
- Report on our total energy use and initiatives to reduce its per-branch energy impact
- Stakeholder engagement report
“We are also making early progress on our emissions intensity reduction commitment by focusing on our fleet and facilities to improve fuel efficiency and reduce energy consumption,” Francis added in a news statement. “I am proud of our efforts to help our customers BUILD MORE while Putting People First, Making Every Day Safer, and Doing the Right Thing.”
To view Beacon’s full 2022 CSR Report, click here.