LAKE WALES, Fla. — With manufacturing operations and employees in Florida dating back nearly 70 years, Westlake Royal Roofing Solutions™ understands the urgencies and misinformation that can follow a major hurricane. As in the past, the company’s team on the ground is leveraging its expertise in the region to help homeowners and contractors navigate the rebuilding process, avoid scams and delays, and secure roofing materials that provide Florida-weather performance.
“We first built our foundation in Florida in 1956; today it’s the place where several of our production facilities, stocking yards and design centers, along with hundreds of our employees, are proud to call home,” said Eric Miller, vice president of sales and marketing for Westlake Royal Roofing Solutions. “Rebuilding after Ian is personal to our company and to our people, which is why we’re humbled and proud to support homeowners and roofing contractors as they navigate the challenges of returning to normal. We’re out in the field now with resources and locally honed expertise.”
Resources for contractors include:
- Roofing material inventory: Westlake's Florida facilities are up and running, supplying local dealers and distributors with roofing that, when installed to building code requirements, meet and exceed their standards and have designs that can exceed Category Five hurricane force winds (sustained winds of 157 mph or higher).
- Protecting homes until a new roof can be installed: If tarps are scarce, Wakaflex Flashing from Westlake Royal Roofing Components can provide immediate temporary protection for roofs with missing trim tiles or a small number of field tiles. For larger repairs, TileSeal and MetalSeal underlayments are designed to be exposed for up to six months, providing weather protection until the tile is installed.
- Delivering concrete tiles to the job: Westlake Royal Roofing Solutions’ Delivery and Roof Load Service helps ease the inconvenience of coordinating resources to have new concrete tiles delivered to the driveway and loaded onto the roof. Experience matters when it comes to handling heavy materials requiring special equipment.
- One-on-one support: Westlake Royal Roofing Solutions’ sales and customer service representatives are in the field and ready to help contractors locate materials and provide education on product selection and installation. Contractors are encouraged to visit westlakeroyalroofing.com/Hurricane or contact their representative.
- Product selection support: Contractors can access information on wind-resistant roofing options at westlakeroyalroofing.com/Hurricane, helping to ensure that homes better endure storms in the future.
Westlake Royal Roofing Solutions is part of Westlake Royal Building Products, a Westlake company. Westlake Corporation has responded to the disaster relief by donating to the American Red Cross, which in turn has provided emergency shelters and assistance to residents. In addition, Westlake Royal’s roofing business has made a commitment to donate to the Florida Disaster Fund for Westlake Royal roofing sold in Florida, up to $200,000, to support the Volunteer Florida Foundation’s response and recovery efforts. For access to their resources, visit volunteerflorida.org.
Westlake Royal offers four roofing product lines designed and tested to withstand severe Florida weather: Newpoint™ Concrete Roof Tile, Unified Steel™ Stone-Coated Roofing, US Tile® Clay Roofing, and DaVinci® Roofscapes composite roofing, along with Westlake Royal™ Roofing Components, a line of integrated roof components delivering a higher standard of roof installation and performance.
Florida locations include production facilities in Lake Wales and Okeechobee and Design Centers in Pompano, Winter Park, and Fort Myers. For more information, visit westlakeroyalroofing.com.