The STUDSON SHK-1 type II industrial safety helmet is one of the most revolutionary helmet to hit the market, utilizing cutting-edge head protection technology used in gravity sports, but never before put together in an industrial safety helmet.
The innovation behind the SHK-1 Safety Helmet include:
- Koroyd® welded tubes — These tubes crumple instantly on impact to absorb maximum force to protect the skull and brain from direct and angled impacts, which may reduce the risk of suffering a life-changing injury.
- Brainshield® by Shield-X® — Replaceable helmet pad system to significantly reduce the sharp twisting and compression of the brain during angled or oblique impacts – the primary cause of concussions.
- twICEme® — An integrated chip based on NFC technology that stores emergency contacts and critical medical information to allow first responders to access vital data when seconds matter.
- Modular rear brim — A slight rear brim designed for rain deflection. Comes with additional flat rear option to achieve a cap-style look.
- Four-point chin strap system — Fidlock® magnetic buckle enclosure with adjustable nylon four-point strap, allowing for maximum adjustability and easy one-handed use with gloves.
The helmet is ANSI Z89.1- 2014 compliant and Certified Type II, meaning it can withstand impact from all sides. It is Class C conductive, vented to keep rain out while providing greater impact protection and breathability, and can be adjusted using a rear dial.
For more information, visit studson.com/products/shk-1-vented.