ROSEMONT, Ill. — The Roofing Alliance, the foundation of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), proudly announces this year's winners of the Most Valuable Player (MVP) Awards, Best of the Best Award, Gold Circle Awards and Student Competition winners who were recognized at NRCA's Awards Ceremony held during the International Roofing Expo in New Orleans on Feb. 2, 2022.
Most Valuable Player Awards
In the MVP Awards' 22nd year, five winners were recognized for outstanding on-the-job performance and workmanship and other noteworthy contributions outside the workplace. This year's winners are:
- Terry Archer — Outstanding On-the-job Performance and Workmanship, foreman with Midland Engineering Co. Inc., South Bend, Ind.
- Darwin Carmody — Outstanding On-the-job Performance and Workmanship, foreman with R3NG LLC, Sheridan, Colo.
- Justin Clark — Outstanding On-the-job Performance and Workmanship, field worker with Flynn Midwest LP, Kansas City, Mo.
- Dennis Dudek — Outstanding On-the-job Performance and Workmanship; Other Noteworthy Contributions Outside the Workplace; superintendent with Tecta America Southeast LLC, Sanford, Fla.
- Victorino Trujillo-Montez — Outstanding On-the-job Performance and Workmanship; Other Noteworthy Contributions Outside the Workplace; field worker with Antis Roofing & Waterproofing LLC, Irvine, Calif.
Best of the Best Award
The MVP Program goes a step further with one of the MVP winners being named the Best of the Best winner. The Best of the Best award is an honor co-sponsored by OMG Roofing Products and Professional Roofing magazine.
This year's winner is Dudek, superintendent with Tecta America Southeast LLC, Sanford, Fla. Dudek was described as an individual who always steps up and meets every challenge. He's enthusiastic, kind, patient and inspiring to his coworkers and team. He is a natural leader who worked his way up the ranks and now serves as a production superintendent.
Gold Circle Award
The Roofing Alliance's Gold Circle Program recognizes excellence in the roofing industry. Each year Roofing Alliance and NRCA members are encouraged to submit their best work to be eligible to win a Gold Circle award in the following two categories: Outstanding Workmanship and Innovative Solutions; and Safety Preparedness and Performance. More than 100 winning companies have been recognized for their achievements since the award's inception.
This year's Gold Circle Award winner for Outstanding Workmanship is L.E. Schwartz & Son Inc., Macon, Ga., for Agnes Scott College Main Hall, Decatur, Ga.
The five finalist teams gave oral presentations as the final stage of the eighth annual Roofing Alliance Construction Management Student Competition. This year, the teams are tasked with submitting a qualified bid package for reroofing the Four Points Sheraton Hotel on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. The oral presentation scores were combined with the teams' written proposal scores to determine the winning team.
The Roofing Alliance is proud to announce Texas A&M University as the winning school and Allie Stark from Clemson University as the Best Individual Presenter.
For more information on the Roofing Alliance and all the awards and award winners, contact Executive Director Alison L. LaValley, CAE at email@example.com or visit roofingalliance.net.
Report Abusive Comment