NEWTON, Mass. — METALCON announces its Call for Presentations for its 2022 event. The program committee is seeking dynamic presenters who can educate, engage and inspire attendees with presentations on real-world topics, challenges and opportunities in the industry.
The committee encourages presentations that employ a variety of delivery formats such as case studies, panel discussions, product compare and contrast, point-counterpoint, small group discussions/roundtables, hands-on learning and tips, tricks and hacks. Courses eligible for AIA LU or HSW credits and/or ICC CEU credits are preferable.
Educational sessions are 60 minutes in length (including Q&A) and will take place in the METALCON Learning Centers and Main Stage Theater located inside the exhibit hall. Sessions must be targeted to specific audience segments, including general and sub-contractors in commercial, residential and institutional construction, architects, designers, specifiers, engineers, installers, crews and more. METALCON also has limited opportunities for extended in-depth workshops. These courses should be certifications, extensive trainings or specialty courses.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- All aspects of building and construction related to metal from basic to advanced concepts
- Designing with and specifying metal for roofing, walls, cladding
- Trends in materials, tools, techniques, building codes
- Metal in architecture/design
- Topics related to the building envelope including roofing, walls, cladding, air barriers, and rain screening
- Construction technologies, benefits/challenges/implementation/resources
- Metal construction safety
- Business strategies including project management, sales, marketing, legal
- Labor, workforce development, diversity, recruiting/encouraging/supporting the next generation
- Sustainability, resiliency, solar, off-site/modular
METALCON 2022 takes place at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis on Wednesday, Oct. 12 – Friday, Oct. 14, 2022 with pre-show workshops beginning on Tuesday, Oct. 11. To submit a call for presentations by Feb. 18, complete this online form.