ANDERSON, S.C. — Techtronic Industries (TTI) Power Equipment announced that the RYOBI™ 18V ONE+™ Platform is celebrating 25 years of battery compatibility with a new, best-in-class milestone — over 225 products in the 18V ONE+ system, that all share the same battery.
The RYOBI 18V ONE+ system continues to expand with many new cordless solutions, offering users incredible value from the home to the jobsite and everywhere in between. Over the last nine months, more than 60 new RYOBI power tools and outdoor products have been launched, strengthening the brand’s cordless portfolio, with many more new products in development.
In late 2020, the new RYOBI 18V ONE+ HP Brushless Series was introduced, greatly enhancing the RYOBI 18V ONE+ platform. This series of over 25 power tools and outdoor products combine high performance brushless motors, advanced technology, and industry leading lithium-Ion technology. With these advancements, users can harness more power, run-time, and durability allowing them to work faster and more efficiently than ever before. The new RYOBI ONE+ HP Brushless products deliver peak performance and run time in the most ergonomic design packages.
“The growth of the RYOBI 18V ONE+ Platform to over 225 products, is a testament to our relentless focus on new product development as well as delivering innovative solutions to our DIY and Pro user base, at an incredible value,” said Bobby Shaw, president of TTI’s RYOBI power tool division. “With such a wide portfolio of cordless products, the RYOBI ONE+ Platform offers solutions for everyone, whether you are a Pro, a Do-It-Yourself weekend warrior, or picking up a cordless product for the first time.”
One of the major advantages to the RYOBI 18V ONE+ system is the battery interface remaining the same for the past 25 years. Since 1996, RYOBI ONE+ customers have had the ability to use new batteries, with the latest lithium-ion technology, in products they previously purchased. This commitment to forward and backward compatibility is highly regarded by RYOBI tool users, providing peace of mind that their investments in the past or in the future, are protected. New cordless solutions utilizing lithium-ion battery technology not only in traditional power tool and outdoor products, but in categories like automotive, cleaning, lighting, audio, and hobby and craft are currently in development and will continue to add value to users’ investments in the brand.
“We are in the midst of a gravitational shift to cordless battery powered technology from traditional power sources like cords, gas, and pneumatic air hoses — and the RYOBI brand is leading the charge in this transition to cordless," Shaw said. "From cordless nailers, drills, and lights, to inflators, fans, string trimmers, blowers and mowers, the RYOBI portfolio of products delivers everything you need for building, repairing, maintaining, and enjoying a home, inside and out. Our partnership with The Home Depot, the number one home improvement retailer in the world, enables us to drive these innovative cordless solutions to customers everywhere."
Now, with over 225 products in the 18V ONE+ Platform, users can enjoy an even broader assortment of RYOBI branded cordless solutions for a variety of applications. Some of the new innovative products include:
- The RYOBI 18V ONE+ HP Brushless 2-Tool Combo Kit (PBLCK02K) includes a hammer drill that delivers up to 29% faster drilling, and an impact driver that provides up to 25% faster driving. $229 includes a 1/2 inch hammer drill, four-mode 1/4 inch impact driver, 18V 2.0Ah high performance battery, 18V 4.0Ah high performance battery, charger, and bag.
- The RYOBI 18V ONE+ HP Brushless 4-Mode Half-Inch Impact Wrench (P262) delivers up to 600 feet per pounds of breakaway torque and 450 feet per pounds of fastening torque. The four speed design features auto mode to prevent overtightening in forward and provide controlled removal in reverse.
- The RYOBI 18V ONE+ HP Compact Brushless Cut-Off Tool (PSBCS02B) delivers up to 19,500 RPM to power through tough materials like metal, plastic, tile, cement board, drywall, wire shelving, PVC, and vinyl siding. At only 8.5 inches long, the cut-off tool is compact and lightweight making it ideal for one handed operation in tight spaces.
- The RYOBI 18V ONE+ HP Brushless 16-inch Mower (P1190) delivers more power, longer runtime, and a longer motor life. It starts with just a push of a button and has convenient features like single point height adjustment, collapsible folding handles, and easy lift bag removal.
- The RYOBI 18V ONE+ HP Brushless 13-inch String Trimmer/Edger (P20120) provides cordless convenience, durability, and increased power.
- The RYOBI 18V ONE+ 410 CFM Brushless Jet Fan Blower (P21100) delivers a powerful 110 MPH airflow, and it’s part of the Whisper Series™ of the industry’s quietest blowers.
“As the number one cordless lawn and garden brand and the top-selling cordless mower brand in the U.S., RYOBI has made major strides in outdoor power,” said Lee Sowell, president of TTI’s RYOBI outdoor products division. “Innovation is the cornerstone of the RYOBI brand and has been a significant driver for customer loyalty and growth. RYOBI power tools and outdoor products provide best-in-class products at best-in-class prices.”
The continued focus on new product development and innovation will ensure many new solutions in the future, for Homeowners, DIYers, and Pros looking for a quality product at a great price. RYOBI branded products are available exclusively at The Home Depot and homedepot.com. Additional information can be found at ryobitools.com.