NEWTON, Mass. — The Architect’s Experience at METALCON ― the metal construction industry’s only global event for metal construction and design products, technologies and solutions ― launches a new “show-within-a-show” for architects, designers, specifiers and engineers to breathe new life into projects and solve a wide variety of architectural, structural, environmental and building performance challenges ― all through the use of metal. This year’s show takes place from Oct. 6-8 in Tampa, Fla.
Discover the limitless applications for metal in design, hear from well-known architect, Yann Weymouth and earn nearly a year’s worth of CEUs. The Architect’s Experience includes a series of events over two days focused on the use of metal as a design and construction component:
- Earn nearly a years’ worth of AIA LU’s and 20 CSI LU’s – Attend special Metal in Architecture education sessions and learn about metal’s inspiring versatility and exceptional performance and attend a series of one-hour Architect’s Experience Mini-Camps, packed with proven strategies for better business development, talent and project management, delivered by Bill Hinsley, the architecture business expert at PSMJ Resources Inc., the leading A/E/C industry executive education and global advisory group.
- Optional off-site tour – Visit the Salvador Dalí Museum and learn about its design and construction in a keynote presentation by acclaimed architect Yann Weymouth, AIA — internationally renowned for his work as chief of design on museums, including the Dalí and the Grand Louvre Project in Paris.
- 3-Day access to the exhibit hall – Connect with experts from the world’s leading manufacturers of metal components.
- Special Architects-Only Guided Floor Tour – Connect directly with metal construction innovators delivering new uses, new metal construction products and innovations in building performance, sustainability, resilience and environmental impact, including industry leaders at the Metal Construction Association’s Insulated Metal Panel Pavilion.
- Ongoing social networking opportunities with exclusive access to The Architect’s Experience Pavilion on the METALCON show floor – Recharge, network and reflect on the day’s events.
“We are excited to launch The Architect’s Experience this year where attendees can earn nearly a year’s worth of CEUs in just two days,” said Mark Kalin, FAIA, FCSI, LEED, president of architectural firm, Kalin Associates and METALCON Advisory Council Board Member. “Metal's beauty, versatility, durability, and sustainability opens it up to virtually limitless applications and METALCON is the only event for those who use steel, iron, copper, aluminum, zinc and other metals in design and construction.”
For more information, visit www.metalcon.com or register here.
Report Abusive Comment